Help FE-340

Denis F:
looks like a rare machine :wink:

is the FE 340 a replacement for the FL6 ?

What happens to be the issue with the FE 340?I would like to buy one for export.Please help.Thanks.

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: Thanks guys have removed this post

Anyone please :smiley: If you don’t want to post on the forum please send me a message.
Thanks

looks like a rare machine :wink:

is the FE 340 a replacement for the FL6 ?

Maybe this will help Denis.

Stan

Stanley Knife:
Maybe this will help Denis.

Stan

Thanks Stan :wink:

Hi,

Are the FE’s Volvo badged Renaults? Cab is definitely Renault.

Thanks for replying. They appear to be Renaults with Volvo badges (which we put on them) but was hoping someone had some experience of them, we are not happy with them :frowning:

ladyt:
Thanks for replying. They appear to be Renaults with Volvo badges (which we put on them) but was hoping someone had some experience of them, we are not happy with them :frowning:

I’ve been on this site a long time and to be honest with you I cannot ever recall seeing a thread about them! In fact I’d never heard of them until you mentioned them! Perhaps if you tell us what the problems are that you’re having with it/them, someone may be able to advise as I imagine the running gear will be similar on other models in the Volvo/Renault range.

I’ve had experience of the FE320 6x4 rigid, which I’m guessing they’ve now upped the bhp on.

The one I had was an 8 speed 4 over 4, and the box was quite precise. Brakes were actually quite good and it was actually not bad to drive.

Yes they are a Renault cab, and absolutely no room whatsoever to store anything. I’ve done the odd night out in a one, and that’s all they’re good for, the odd night out. They do pull quite well, however the front end seemed very soft/weak on the one I drove, and I drove it for 12 months, it was on a 57 plate, so be careful about weight distribution. The front mudguards scrape the floor as a result when cornering. The drivers door had a tendency to lock itself on some of it’s sister motors, which is a bugger if you’ve left the keys inside.

If I was in the market for an 18/26 tonner would I buy one? No as there are better out there. Far better buy an FM Globey if the driver is having any more than 1 night out.

And if you go into Volvo to have any repairs and need parts, tell them you’ll take it to Renault to get it done, and watch them get all uppity about it. I did. :laughing:

Ken.

Thanks Rob and Quinny. Rob we are having issues with the engines losing power and very high fuel/adblue consumption. So far volvo have changed the diff on 1 but it has made no difference. Any suggestions very welcome :smiley: Quinny we have had a new windscreen fitted and starting motor both came from Renault :astonished:

they were brought in because some operators wanted a LIGHTER/CHEAPER option to the fm, cant say if there any good or not, i think volvo thought they would find a market with some tipper men and other jobs where payload is no1
volvo have used the same cab as renault in the past remember the club of 4 cab used on F6/7 and this was still also fitted to some renaults in the 1990s

Thanks for the reply’s. We are struggling to find anyone who has this model. Although we are being told we are the only company having these problems :cry:

ladyt:
Thanks for the reply’s. We are struggling to find anyone who has this model. Although we are being told we are the only company having these problems :cry:

I wish I had a quid for every time I heard that crap!