Vehicle turning left audible warning

Hello chaps,

I’m wondering if anyone can give me some advice? I’ve just bought a 2017 MAN TGX and it’s got a DVS kit fitted with the cameras, sensors and an annoying audible message everytime I turn left with some geezer saying “vehicle turning left”, or words to that effect.

Now, I’m not really going to have much use for this as I currently don’t go into London, so Im wondering whether this feature can be turned off until it is required?

Thanks.

No.

I have it on my XFSSC, and it only goes off at a very low speed and is connected to the DVS system.

You might be able to find the wires at the back of the speaker though, and unsolder them.

I sometimes drive a daf that had the system fitted from factory, and that has a separate switch you can turn it off.

your supposed to be able to turn it off during unsociable hours even for dvs.

Just cut the wires and seal the ends off so if needed they can be joined back up ,
Keep the camera running as that can be handy when the sun is in the n/s mirror
This reminds me to find and disconnect mine as we don’t go in to London either

By all means cut it off, if or when you have a prang with a VRU to the nearside, I wonder how that would go down with you, police etc etc.

I’d rather switch it off than cut any wires so I’ll have a look to see if that’s possible. Alternatively I could put a switch on it to isolate it when not needed.

Thanks for the replies though.

paulypaul:
I’d rather switch it off than cut any wires so I’ll have a look to see if that’s possible. Alternatively I could put a switch on it to isolate it when not needed.

Thanks for the replies though.[/quote

Cut 1 wire and fit a switch

The DVS retrofitted units we have all have switches to disable the sounder for 11pm-7am.

Rightly or wrongly I and others switch the sounder on for DVS zone use and leave off elsewhere.

I can’t recall seeing a truck outside of London with a left turn on and noticed the sounder going off, though I’m sat in a cab behind.

Just remember, if the time comes and the veh clips something to the nearside, and the buzzer may have been a warning, the driver could regret turning it off in a big way

We have DAF CF and XD with this system. There is an off button either at your knee or next to tacho. You have to press it every time you turn the truck back on. You could maybe look at attaching a switch memory module behind it…