Tachograph and Dashboard Displaying Incorrect Data

norb:
I work in a Main dealership ,and the amount of issues we have with aftermarket tracking systems and where they take their feeds from is a big problem…We had one vehicle where the PTO would try to randomly engage whilst tey where driving it …Of course we got all the abuse as it was a new truck and we struggled to get it to fault never mind fix it ,But when we did solve it and report what it was ,did they apologise did they hell …

But it may well be the tracking systems ,why not disconnect the tracker on one of the problem vehicles for a week or so and see if it behaves…If it does you know the issue …I know you mentioned they don’t like them being disconnected ,but it is the logical way to go

Sorry for taking so long to respond, but yes indeed people like to point the finger, really annoys me, I prefer to methodically look at the situation and actually work out what’s going wrong before playing the blame game.

I just recently completed my apprenticeship, needless to say, I have little say as to what happens with the maintenance and technical side of the trucks. I mentioned the vehicle dealership said it was the tracking system causing the issues and they disconnected it. Well apparently it can’t be disconnected for insurance reasons so our insurance manager was very annoyed with them. Apparently it fixed the issue at least for a while. So I don’t really know how to test it. I’ll speak to the guys at one of our garages today as they fit the tracking and dashcam hardware. Tbh i’m sick of hearing it from drivers (not having a go at the drivers btw, but the managers who won’t let us try and find a solution), the same ■■■■ problem every time but I cant do anything about it.