Daf lf intermittent fault

Have anyone experienced this with the Daf lf?

I have a 2012 Daf lf45. I have an intermittent fault where the truck hesitates on acceleration at low revs and only does it occasionally. It will drive fine for a few days or a week then this happens. Today it happened again and I parked up and turned the truck off for about 5 mins then drove fine. It has also randomly shown gearbox and engine warning and won’t rev when tried to drive off. Turn it off and on a few times and goes back to normal then nothing for a week. The other thing to mention is that when I engage the pto it sometimes turns off itself. If I switch it off and on again it starts working as it should. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Other DAFs of that era have lots of intermittent electrical faults due to faults in the wiring loom. The plastic conduit cracks, lets in water and the inevitable happens.

I don`t know if that is your problem, but a simple visual check of the loom will give a clue about whether a closer look is worthwhile.

Get the stored fault codes read , for the engine and gearbox ,look at the dates and how occurrences and that will give you a clue as what to look at…If there are tooo many stored clear them and when the fault re coccurs ,what is there is the issue…On cold days the pre filter at the tank if it does not have a heater can freeze up ,and a new prefilter sorts it

Thanks for the advice guys. It seems as the acceleration pedal might be the problem. Will update when I’ve tested it with a replacement pedal and drive it for a while to see if the problem occurs.