Wrong data placed on manual entry

Started the day right this morning….

Place my card in late after starting work, recorded manual entry and some how told the tachograph that I had worked all night [emoji15]

I know I can’t redo a manual entry, I just want to cover my arse just in case I’m pulled in……

I keep a diary
I keep time sheets
I’ve took a printout this morning and will again at the end of shift

Is there anything else I could do to cover myself, genuine mistake made

Thanks for any advice [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the printout that has you working through the night, fill in the details on the back with a line through the rest boxes to show a correction.
Like this. SDR and edr are start and end of daily rest.

Aren’t you a TM yourself?

You should do a tachograph analysis printout from whichever software you use, highlighting the infringement, write on it that the driver was given a warning about potential disciplinary action and give details of training that was provided by the TM (ie by yourself to yourself :laughing: ), then take yourself outside and give yourself a cuff round the ear :laughing:

Mistakes happen, it’s when you don’t bother to explain a mistake (infringement) that the authorities get upset, so I wouldn’t sweat it.

There was no real need for DVSA to start insisting on manual entries to the extent they have done, I can’t see it’s going to make a significant impact on road safety, which should be their main concern.

Hi, as said do two print outs one to keep and one for the office , write on both with a brief explanation and you will be fine , a tip for you, before you put your card in at start of shift always put tacho on break, it will then register any time before as a daily or weekly break.

chrisv:
Hi, as said do two print outs one to keep and one for the office , write on both with a brief explanation and you will be fine , a tip for you, before you put your card in at start of shift always put tacho on break, it will then register any time before as a daily or weekly break.

Except that isn’t enough to keep DVSA happy under the new rules for recording rest.

Should have added this to my post ’ then do your manual entry’ , thanks.

“Don’t do manual entries” is the moral of the story here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:
“Don’t do manual entries” is the moral of the story here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Respect the voice of wisdom and experience.^^^^^^^

I will add a caveat or two however.

Tacho is not a common sense game. You make an obvious administrative only error and there in a minority of Coppers/Dvsa that will happily do you for this so take Harry’s advice.

If it is blatantly obvious you still need a manual entry then perhaps consider very carefully what you will enter.

As said already, never sweat a mistake. Simply do a printout immediately and enter the correct version on the back of the printout and this has priority over all other records. Then crack on and have a nice day :smiley: