£2 per mile paid in 14 days

I’ve been offered some work long distance runs. They’re quoting £2 per mile. Fair to say it didn’t blow my skirt up. However with most ‘experts’ predicting a recession this work is pretty much recession proof do I risk it?

superscaniaV8:
I’ve been offered some work long distance runs. They’re quoting £2 per mile. Fair to say it didn’t blow my skirt up. However with most ‘experts’ predicting a recession this work is pretty much recession proof do I risk it?

Odd runs, or a long term contract with a fuel escalator?
The base work might be recession proof, but is your part of it secure?

Full time dedicated truck & trailer & if we like each other possibly more. Fuel escalator locked in too

The 14 day payment will come into its own early next year, when the fuel companies start to flex their muscle with credit terms ect, and thats just one of your suppliers who will be nervous :wink:

£2.00pm ain`t brilliant if you are up a creek with finance payments on the ScanMegaTrotter / RangeRover & Rolex, but you can make decent money with sensibly purchased kit [IMO]

superscaniaV8:
Full time dedicated truck & trailer & if we like each other possibly more. Fuel escalator locked in too

So they rent you the truck?