Penalty charge notice

Do you have to inform the transport commissioner of a fixed penalty charge?

We had an agency driver cover last months and he drove down a bus lane……

All I found online about reporting this was in regards to a graduated fixed penalty….

Do I have to report this sort of penalty?
And what address or email do I use to inform them about this?

Many thanks for any help given [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t personally bother, I only inform the TC if they get points on their licence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lmp198181:
?

Whatever happened to Dozy?

lmp198181:
Do you have to inform the transport commissioner of a fixed penalty charge?

I’ve just had one done for pulling into a bus stop :unamused:

No need to notify a FPC, it’s not considered an offence - having £30 taken from your wages should be sufficient incentive :laughing:

Can I ask do you have to write to the transport commissioner ? I can’t find an email and I’m pretty sure a phone call would be applicable [emoji848]

Where was the bus lane, and have you paid the penalty?

Ticket paid driver agency paid……
Just trying to find out if the commissioner need to be informed…. And how to inform him

lmp198181:
Ticket paid driver agency paid……
Just trying to find out if the commissioner need to be informed…. And how to inform him

Was it a penalty charge notice or a fixed/ graduated penalty - the first is a private company penalty the otehr is otc notifiable. To sa, who did what, when, why and what you’re doing to try and avoid a recurrence

Fixed penalty charge……
[emoji1303]

lmp198181:

Notification not required.

When you do need to notify them, contact your case worker - assuming you have been given a name.

Failing that, use: notifications@vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk
quoting your O-licence number

If you are in the North East Traffic Area I have contact details that could be useful.

lmp198181:
Fixed penalty charge……
[emoji1303]

Fixed penalty by police etc is notifiable - just to confirm, what was it for?
If it is notifiable its down to theOperator and not the driver, so if the agency driver has gone, its still down to the operator of the veh at the time of the incident.

Bus lane [emoji1303] how does one inform the otc? In a letter? Or is there an email [emoji1317]

lmp198181:
Or is there an email [emoji1317]

Yes, if you look at my previous post.

Since when do Police dish out FPNs for going into a bus lane?

Is this not your local council issuing the penalty? If so, I’m not aware of any need to notify TC. Acorn, if you are, please post a link

Zac_A:

lmp198181:
Or is there an email [emoji1317]

Yes, if you look at my previous post.

Since when do Police dish out FPNs for going into a bus lane?

Is this not your local council issuing the penalty? If so, I’m not aware of any need to notify TC. Acorn, if you are, please post a link

Thats why I was asking if it was a PCN (Civil parking etc) or an FPN where its a conditional offer to pay a fine or go to court. AFAIK it isn’t just those issued by police. PCN = No, FPN or Graduated FPN=Yes. Perhaps one of the easiest referrals is via Croners (Lots of others also include it). app.croneri.co.uk/questions-and … lty-notice

But open to ideas of why it isn’t reportable.

If the OP is unsure, the easiest option is to call the OTC and ask :smiley: Then come back to us- even better.

Acorn:
If the OP is unsure, the easiest option is to call the OTC and ask :smiley: Then come back to us- even better.

If OP has the notion, I second that emotion :laughing:

Croner Denied…Bummer!
This content requires a Croner-i subscription.

It’s was from the local council In Birmingham, fixed penalty notice….
Thanks for the advice in this matter…[emoji1317]