DVS London

As we don’t go into London by choice we don’t have any vehicles with the required equipment to meet the DVS standard.

A regular customer changed a delivery address the other day, and this was within the boundary for the DVS scheme. I explained we do not have vehicles equipped to go into that area, so had to drop the load. They got another haulier to do the load, who I saw loading, and that definitely wasn’t spec’ed for DVS - no cameras or anything on the truck. But it had a NI reg plate.
So my question is, do non UK or NI registered vehicles get fined for going into a DVS area with a non compliant truck? Like a UK registered haulier would?

Just wondering.

Yes. They will get a fine. When you register for DVS there is a box to tick when you enter your reg number. It either Uk reg or foreign reg.
They are very hot sending fines out.

They would be very luck if they manage to go in, get the job done and come out as well as not get caught out by the cameras, with a nice penalty notice in the post, probably before they’ve got back to base.
You dodged a bullet by not taking the work

One of our agency fellas fell foul of this; he tried to park to no avail at Thurrock and then decided to go to a hidey hole he knew in Dagenham for the night. Problem is the clock resets at midnight so he copped a £200 fine for going in and a further £200 fine when he came out the next morn! He wasn’t impressed when the agency recouped it from his wages :smiley:

coiler:
As we don’t go into London by choice we don’t have any vehicles with the required equipment to meet the DVS standard.

A regular customer changed a delivery address the other day, and this was within the boundary for the DVS scheme. I explained we do not have vehicles equipped to go into that area, so had to drop the load. They got another haulier to do the load, who I saw loading, and that definitely wasn’t spec’ed for DVS - no cameras or anything on the truck. But it had a NI reg plate.
So my question is, do non UK or NI registered vehicles get fined for going into a DVS area with a non compliant truck? Like a UK registered haulier would?

Just wondering.

You don’t necessarily need any DVS equipment fitted to be compliant, it depends on the star rating of the vehicle

We have two 26 ton rigids, identical in size and body.
Actros is deemed compliant 1 star rating with no cameras or anything else fitted.
MAN needed cameras, sensors, audible warnings and stickers to get the 1 star rating of the actros.

^^^ it’s to do with the width of the cab. Full width cab requires all the shizzle, a narrow one such as an Axor doesn’t require anything l

the maoster:
^^^ it’s to do with the width of the cab. Full width cab requires all the shizzle, a narrow one such as an Axor doesn’t require anything l

If only it was that simple! All goods vehicles over 12T entering the zone require a permit. The need for additional cameras/sensors etc is decided by the “Star Rating” of the vehicle. This rating is certified by the manufacturer and is based on calculations of the driver’s field of view out the sides of the standard vehicle. A narrower cab may make this field wider, as will lower windows (the latter being a noticeable feature on some Mercedes models), but it is certainly not true that a narrow-cabbed vehicle won’t need modifications/additions simply by virtue of having that narrow cab.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

the maoster:

One is an Actros, one is a MAN TGS.
Any difference in width must be millimetres.
For me, the MAN has better mirrors and visibility anyway, and has more glass.

Joke of a scheme, and joke of a department.
Try and call them, calls are screened by an external call centre who pass a message on to them and they will TRY and respond within 15 working days!