Iveco Stralis Tractor - Advice ECM 65

Good afternoon all,

New to the forum having heard good things about it. Been an operator of mixed fleet for 25 years doing ISO-tanks, shipping containers & curtains, UK only.

I got a 2016 Iveco Stralis 6X2 460 E6 tractor in November 2021, ex Ryder R&M contract. 450,000kms. Been a brill truck so far, no issues. Running on a dedicated curtain job daily.

Just recently started to develop an intermittent amber “ECM Warning 65”, which reduces the power & torque considerably, to the point it struggles with an average hill climb.

I did a bit of research & spoke to the Iveco main agent, both suggesting the fuel rail pressure sensor. Got a new part from Iveco, installed in house with a reputable HGV mechanic & cleared any active & inactive codes. Test driven & seemed to run okay for a week or so.

Fault now starting again, on more often than before & more so with a loaded trailer. With an empty trailer, the warning is only occasional. Unit only & no faults at all? So appears to be when engine under demand.

Any suggestions? No fault codes other than this. I have read somewhere maybe an injector or Ad-blue fault, but unsure.

Would new ad-blue filters make any odds? I have got a fuel & air filter to throw on this in due course anyway…

Wondered if any one has experienced this or similar, or has any constructive suggestions?

Many thanks all.

Al

If happening when under load and going uphill it will be a fuel fault .,do the basics as in fuel filters .blow the lines back and if it still happens you may be looking at injectors …A lot of fuel came in from russia to the south east of the country ,and the boats where not quiet as clean as they should have been …All manufacturers have suffered issues due to the tolerances of the fuel components the dirt that gets throw sandblast them then you get excess leak off …The jocks fuel came in via grangemouth and on percentage wise there where a lot less issues and it didn;t come from russia

I have the same problem with 1 out of 4 460 stralis euro 6 same use diesel from same places. Only one of them play around with that issue. If anyone have any idea would be great. Replace all filters swapped rail fuel sensor and same thing.