Truck Purchase Decission

So, Scania man through and through, However…
With the crazy prices of second hand Scania’s at the moment, any person could be swayed.
I’m comparing a 2013 Volvo V4 FH12 460 to a Scania R450 both in around 600-700km mark except the price tag difference can range from 10k-15k GBP more for the Scania.
What are people’s experiences with the first of the V4 Volvos, did they give many issues from the change from the V3 to V4?
I don’t need a euro 6 for the work I’m in, but other than that what are your opinions on Power, MPG, reliability?

That age of v4 Volvos, the wiring will be a problem, battery issues were a thing too. R450 was pretty much sorted by then although at that age both will have/have had ad-blu/dpf issues. I’m not a mechanic but I worked in a traffic office for a while and most weeks my carefully laid out plans were left in ruins by electrical problems on v4 Volvos lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOG47:
That age of v4 Volvos, the wiring will be a problem, battery issues were a thing too. R450 was pretty much sorted by then although at that age both will have/have had ad-blu/dpf issues. I’m not a mechanic but I worked in a traffic office for a while and most weeks my carefully laid out plans were left in ruins by electrical problems on v4 Volvos lol

Great, appreciate the knowledge, definitely something to consider :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re thinking of a 2013 Volvo then go for a V3 not a V4. As above wiring and adblue were issues on the V4 until 2015 when they had been ironed out. The V3 on the other hand by 2013 were bullet proof, all the niggles were sorted out. I’ve got a 2013 V3 I use as a spare and I don’t want to sell it as its so reliable and apart from normal wear and tear stuff it’s not cost me very much at all (had it from new)

V3 all the way. Just spent a few quid on mine, wear/tear stuff, it still cleans up well and gives a good impression to customers, and despite having driven some very nice brand new motors I can’t think of anything I want to swap for. Still loads of V3s on the road which are all at least 9 years old now which says a lot in this era of seemingly ‘disposable’ trucks.