5 tonne Iveco Cherry Picker 09 plate

Hi there.

Not sure if this is correct area to be asking, but is anyone aware of this being MOT exempt■■?
I went to look at one yesterday and checked gov.uk for MOT status and someone had taken it for MOT in July 2021, but it failed. I queried it with seller who said it is MOT exempt and shouldn’t have went for MOT. I checked online and it seems over 3.5t should be an ‘Annual test’ and not MOT, it doesn’t even have Annual Test. On looking at other cherry pickers online,there seems lots that say MOT exempt on description, I’m confused■■?

Is there special Annual Test centres that will do identical checks for MOTs?

Thanks, Pete

Annual test is the phrase used for the test on HGVs with MOT tending to be used for cars/vans.
On the face of it, yes it does need a test, the exemption ceased a few years ago. Have a look at the iPAF website who I’m sure did a piece on it a while back.

Thanks Acorn. Guy called earlier to go through with sale, told him it must have an annual test, he’s still adamant that it’s mot exempt, which I guess it is, but still needs an annual test. No way I’m chancing it. I was told by a garage I called also to stay well away from Iveco, and also make sure ticket has just been done, as DVSA are very strict, so will be well worth buying with nearly a full year of having a safe vehicle. Cheers again, will check IPAF.

Your seller may be confusing MOT with annual test. They are the same - being submitted to an approved DVsA testing centre each year. IMhO, if they still think it’s exempt, get them to show how compared to the ipaf website.

Tower wagons, mobile cranes, and most other types of mobile plant constructed on a regular goods vehicle chassis/cab over 3.5T lost their exemption from annual testing in May 2018.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

assets.publishing.service.gov.u … esting.pdf