HELP ........ There is a hole in my engine!

I have just pulled over my Renault Midlum 150 DCI to discover oil every where from are a rather large hole (see video)! Truck seems to be running fine but have turned it off otherwise they’ll be no oil left in it! Any mechanics out there?? Firstly what is the part with the big hole in it called? Secondly, where does such a bloody big hole suddenly appear from? Any guidance gratefully recieved. youtube.com/watch?v=_MBOD6MiA9M

NB. I dont know. I am not familiar with that engine. But is that hole in a casting on the base of the air compressor? Is the drive shaft for the air compressor in there? Stress its only a guess, if thats any help. If I was by myself I`d start looking about taking that off.

Looks as though something has got meshed in the skew gear that drives the compressor, and punched it’s way through the casing as it went round. I think you will need to have the cover off the timing gear to see what has happened.

Old John:
Looks as though something has got meshed in the skew gear that drives the compressor, and punched it’s way through the casing as it went round. I think you will need to have the cover off the timing gear to see what has happened.

If that is the case…where has that foreign object come from?
Very peculiar whatever it is.
Found out what it is Diggerlot?

No help at all to the OP but many years ago one of my drivers rang in and told me his engine(on a Daf 2300)had petered out and wouldn’t restart.When i showed up and lifted the cab there was a hole in the crankcase I could put my fist through.The lad must have had the radio on bloody loud.It turned out he went straight from 7th into low range.The inhibitor did not function.Another happy day in the life of a small haulier/owner driver.

Like others have said, looks like a hole in the timing gear cover? I’d at least get the compressor off and have a look inside. Something has been flying around loose in there….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk