MAN TM.290 REMAP?

Anybody had a remap done on a truck and does it do what they say it can do by improving mpg, gives more torque and gives a higher top speed ? I am inclined to ignore the bit that states it ups the maximum speed as from my knowledge that is controlled by the speed limiter.

Moved this to Owner Drivers, more likely to get a response.

Colingl:
Moved this to Owner Drivers, more likely to get a response.

Where is that bit of the forum?

alf1956:
Anybody had a remap done on a truck and does it do what they say it can do by improving mpg, gives more torque and gives a higher top speed ? I am inclined to ignore the bit that states it ups the maximum speed as from my knowledge that is controlled by the speed limiter.

My personal thoughts on this, and no, I’ve not tried it on any of my own are yes, it will give you instant power and torque increase, but at what cost to the engine components? Manufacturers spend millions fine tuning their engines so they are as fuel efficient as possible with reliability so you can get 1m+ km out of the engine without major work, for some bloke in a transit with a laptop to fiddle around and give you more power. Are you storing up future problems? I find my 500bhp Volvos are well up to the job and are very reliable so I’ve not gone down that route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk