New Lorry - Volvo / Scania

Evening!

Silly question really with the most likely answer being how longs a piece of string, but will ask anyway :unamused:

We but several new rigid MAN and Volvo trucks but have always run older (currently 2015) arctic units that we have bought second hand.

Does anyone know a ball park figure for something like a Volvo 540 or Volvo 750? I know the best thing to do is ask the dealer, which I will be doing when he’s back to work, but just interested to know roughly where we’d be if anyone knows.

Even a Scania 650s ball park figure would be off interest.

I know lead times for both will be long as we’ve already got some that won’t arrive until Q4 next year, but we are coming up to 25 years in business and fancy adding a flagship truck to the fleet.

Thanks and apologies if this has been discussed, I did try searching first before asking.

Scania 650 or Volvo 750, both over 150k, new Daf 530 is around 120k so expect similar for the Volvo

Will you have work for a new Scania next Sept? As far as I know you won’t get a new one before then, at least.

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

Munchkin:
Will you have work for a new Scania next Sept? As far as I know you won’t get a new one before then, at least.

I think it’s longer than that. Our place wanted to order 10x S500s but the earliest was December 2022 and even then there were no guarantees as Scania apparently can’t get hold of the chips to build them along with a whole bunch of other supply chain issues. Prices have gone through the roof as well. Basically up 40% on last year. Secondhand stuff is going for silly money.

i was delivering to a plant hire a couple of weeks ago and the lad that tipped me said there boss had tried to order 2 new volvo tractor units but wa told by the salesman that volvo had shut there sales book for 2021, how true that is i dont know

scotstrucker:
i was delivering to a plant hire a couple of weeks ago and the lad that tipped me said there boss had tried to order 2 new volvo tractor units but wa told by the salesman that volvo had shut there sales book for 2021, how true that is i dont know

We are being quoted next August for an FH unit and FM 18ton rigid

Fh540 GT
Dual clutch
Steering tag
Fridge + microwave

Few other boxes ticked

£117k

Ordered in July, Volvo won’t give any delivery dates, salesman’s guess is September 2022

DCPCFML:

Munchkin:

I think it’s longer than that. Our place wanted to order 10x S500s but the earliest was December 2022 and even then there were no guarantees as Scania apparently can’t get hold of the chips to build them along with a whole bunch of other supply chain issues. Prices have gone through the roof as well. Basically up 40% on last year. Secondhand stuff is going for silly money.

No one can get chips at the moment,it is industry wide ,and is affecting not just trucks ,it is anything that needs a chip…