Is there any successful haulage company owners on here?

Hi everyone ,

I’m wondering if there is any successful haulage/logistics company owners on here that can shed some light to how they have succeeded over the years. I find a lot of negativity on here and a lot of people who have given things ago but because they couldn’t make a success of it, seem to think it’s impossible.

I know successful can be open to debate however I’m looking for some advise from someone who has owned and operated a fleet of vehicles for a long period of time for some wisdom.

Thanks

Hard work and lots of luck

Have you got a fleet of vehicles?

Yes

Have a look at Davies international from Southampton , still going strong for many years .

Thanks. Do you know what niches are most lucrative?

Are a few of us owner drivers if that’s what you mean?

Are a couple of larger outfits that pop on here, one sold up recently but were doing okay.

With the so called driver shortage is there plenty of work for owner drivers and small companies??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody will publicly show what their lucrative niches are in case someone else steals the contract or under cuts it .

Tarmaceater:
Nobody will publicly show what their lucrative niches are in case someone else steals the contract or under cuts it .

^ This. And that is exactly what happens.

DCPCFML:

Tarmaceater:

Niche & contract don’t normally come together ,contract not worth a toss ,niche makes money .

Punchy Dan:

DCPCFML:

Tarmaceater:

Niche & contract don’t normally come together ,contract not worth a toss ,niche makes money .

+1 ^^^ :wink:

Boris1971:
With the so called driver shortage is there plenty of work for owner drivers and small companies??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres a shortage of subbies for sure, and a definite change in attitude towards us, theres more arse kissing than arse kicking going off ATM :laughing:

All of the above comments are correct ,why would I give you a stick to beat me with ■■
I would have to be very daft or arrogant .
In my opinion the market segments to avoid are quarries/ containers and Amazon.
There is good money to be made as an od currently but will it last and does it justify the agro ?
If you can find someone that values your services then you are away …

Stralisnumerouno:
All of the above comments are correct ,why would I give you a stick to beat me with ■■
I would have to be very daft or arrogant .
In my opinion the market segments to avoid are quarries/ containers and Amazon.
There is good money to be made as an od currently but will it last and does it justify the agro ?
If you can find someone that values your services then you are away …

Good points being made here, but, from what Im being told by a leading 3pl/4pl this will not continue, so dont get carried away :open_mouth:

They are even factoring in another lockdown come September/October, but this won`t be Covid related, although it will get the blame :wink:

Ref ; how to slow the economy down without using interest rates :wink:

My niche is so niche that we are the only operator in the country that offers this service.

idrive:
My niche is so niche that we are the only operator in the country that offers this service.

:laughing: Mine too but it’s no secret :wink:

Punchy Dan:

idrive:

:laughing: Mine too but it’s no secret :wink:

Because you’re a mad Foden driver

Can’t see how Mr and Pointy shoes 3PL/4PLCan predict things are going to slow down , I would suggest that is them trying to calm the situation down to try and restore order / reclaim the upper hand !
Can they single handed solve the current driver issues ? If not then it’s carry on camping !

Stralisnumerouno:
Can’t see how Mr and Pointy shoes 3PL/4PLCan predict things are going to slow down , I would suggest that is them trying to calm the situation down to try and restore order / reclaim the upper hand !
Can they single handed solve the current driver issues ? If not then it’s carry on camping !

Highly paid business analysists dont wear pointy shoes :unamused: