Emissions standards and trucks

Hello :smiley:

Ive just registered so thank you for the add :smiley:, Hope your all safe and well and busy!

I just wondered what your opinions are on the future for truck emissions? as im struggling to find any concrete information, Im aware of the ULEZ and the expansion of LEZ within London, Also aware other Cities are jumping on the band wagon but wondered if you think this will expand nationwide at some point? but that I mean the whole UK road network.

Sorry, I know this is a bit crystal ball stuff at the moment but given the fact fossil fuel cars are being phased out pretty soon and its pretty obvious they are just going to tax us off the road sometime after 2030 I wondered if you have any insight into the truck side of things.

The reason im asking is because im looking to buy a truck at the moment (don’t worry, ive been lurking here for a while and seen all the new starter posts!! I have a license, cash and work), I just wondered what Euro rating you would go down to? Im not looking to invest huge amounts initially as id rather get a cheaper truck for now and see how this emissions thing pans out in the next couple of years, Not interested in finance either, To be honest id prefer older as I stand a good chance of doing repairs myself but I don’t want to end up with a lemon that I cant take anywhere! Happy to spend a few quid now if I can get say 2-3 years work out of it and then see whats happening, So don’t know weather to go 3/4 or 5? definitely not spending out for euro 6, and not fussed about going into London but the outskirts would be handy.

Many thanks

Currently obviously London but then it’s Bath & Birmingham, Portsmouth next then yes I believe it will spread like crazy.

Depends on yr work & where you go, but unlike vans at £8 to £12.50 a day so not a big deal especially if you don’t go in them daily, for an HGV it’s from £100 to an 05 reg I’ve just sold at £300 a day for London its quite an impact, you might think you’ll be OK for a couple of years & if the price is much lower to purchase it might be worth the risk for an non euro 6.

On the little ones I run it’s quite a jump from euro 5 to 6 prices used, I think it’s similar for bigger stuff, but obviously that resale value for euro 5s & especially older will get even less as time goes on.

I don’t see in the short term say 3 yrs, that regular motorways & A roads will be going ulez, but who knows!