Importing own goods?

… so we are based in France and routinely come into UK to collect Agricultural machinery and Horsebox trailers. Post Brexit has been a struggle but we now have a system that works for the import paperwork coming UK - France. Since Brexit we have always come in to UK empty and run back loaded. However, we would like to bring some of our own kit over to UK (essentially piggyback a 2nd truck & trailer) on our drawbar & drag setup, so that we only pay for one outward bound ferry. My question is do we need import paperwork even though we are only coming in to collect and return? All our kit carries our logo so it oght to be fairly obvious what we are doing? If we do need paperwork, does anyone have a recommendation for a UK import agent, as our French one will only do freight travelling in the opposite direction?

Diggerlot:
… so we are based in France and routinely come into UK to collect Agricultural machinery and Horsebox trailers. Post Brexit has been a struggle but we now have a system that works for the import paperwork coming UK - France. Since Brexit we have always come in to UK empty and run back loaded. However, we would like to bring some of our own kit over to UK (essentially piggyback a 2nd truck & trailer) on our drawbar & drag setup, so that we only pay for one outward bound ferry. My question is do we need import paperwork even though we are only coming in to collect and return? All our kit carries our logo so it oght to be fairly obvious what we are doing? If we do need paperwork, does anyone have a recommendation for a UK import agent, as our French one will only do freight travelling in the opposite direction?

Same rules as for return of empty pallets or packing at a guess? No need for customs documents, only a CMR for the trailer on top.
I know some who do this, so will ask how they get on with it, but don`t know when that will be.
Make sure you have your trailer reg papers of course.

Franglais:

Diggerlot:

Same rules as for return of empty pallets or packing at a guess? No need for customs documents, only a CMR for the trailer on top.
I know some who do this, so will ask how they get on with it, but don`t know when that will be.
Make sure you have your trailer reg papers of course.

Great thanks, appreciate the advice !!

Diggerlot:

The other option would be to use the likes of Denby @ Lincoln, who have the trailers & knowhow, and from what I`ve seen go out to France empty on occasions to bring French built kit back in :bulb:

Stanley Mitchell:

Diggerlot:

The other option would be to use the likes of Denby @ Lincoln, who have the trailers & knowhow, and from what I`ve seen go out to France empty on occasions to bring French built kit back in :bulb:

Yes we looked at out sourcing it but the problem is that we are a multi pick up business normal x4 per load and again multi drop off across France (x4 per load). Consequently hauliers are always astronomically expensive compared to sending our own trucks. To give the customer service to our clients we always want our own staff to deliver so they can answer any questions the client may have plus demonstrate the kit. Therefore we have to have the trucks & staff to do the delivery so it makes sense to do the pick up as well.