Looking for contract haulage job

Hi All,

I been running my own 20 unit trucks for years now, mostly working sub contractor with other bigger haulage companies for containers work. I been thinking, maybe its time for me to get my own direct contract for containers work (no more sub contract).
Any one know: where or how can I get a direct contract for containers work?

Tim87:
Hi All,

I been running my own 20 unit trucks for years now, mostly working sub contractor with other bigger haulage companies for containers work. I been thinking, maybe its time for me to get my own direct contract for containers work (no more sub contract).
Any one know: where or how can I get a direct contract for containers work?

That’s the trick. Take up golf and join an exspensive club.

I’d say most of the container shipping lines would only deal with larger hauliers but you could try contacting Maersk on linked in I suppose, you never know.

Containerships run their own transport as well as the ships, you could try them I suppose but I doubt they’d have room for an extra 20.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Tim
It would be worth us having a chat about this, we’re in similar position although with smaller fleet. Happy to share our experience so far.
I’ll send you a message direct

With all due respect, if you have to ask where you get a contract for work from then maybe the time isn’t right.

Silver_Surfer:
I’d say most of the container shipping lines would only deal with larger hauliers but you could try contacting Maersk on linked in I suppose, you never know.

Containerships run their own transport as well as the ships, you could try them I suppose but I doubt they’d have room for an extra 20.

Containerships have taken 30 motors off the road since November

chaversdad:

Silver_Surfer:

Containerships have taken 30 motors off the road since November

I wonder if this is CMA CGM flexing their muscles after a year of ownership ?

The French owners like their haulage done by “contractors”, they can then ramp it up or cut it down depending on volumes…