Cost per month

Just a quick one…
was speaking to someone in the office the other day, and he mentioned how much company are paying a month for each of our Daf XF’s, one a 16 reg 460 6x2 Space Cab with Montracon fridge, and one 67 reg Space Cab 6x2 480 with Montracon fridge.
I nearly fell over when he said how much. The bloke who done the deal with a big rental/leasing company said it was a good deal, and that my option of a FH500 XL with a Schmitz fridge was more than they wanted to pay.
I believe they could’ve got an FH 750 with a fridge for the price of the Daf and trailer.
Question is, what price would you say per month for FH XL 500 or Scania S500 6x2 with Schmitz (new)

Im only after a ballpark figure! I don’t need your exact costs…

The fridge be between £200 and £350 per week depending how long the contract is i would of thought , I found the big companies more expesive ,

you ring up the big companies to hire a unit and its £200 per day .

i can hire and Man for £275 per week
A V3 Volvo for £300 per week

cheers mate. My motor is on a 5 yr lease apparently. Everything was brand new from a big leasing company. the lease would pay for truck and trailer within a yr and a half!

bigdaz1970:

And if that is through who I think it is, I wouldn’t touch them with a bargepole.

Ken.

Quinny:

bigdaz1970:

And if that is through who I think it is, I wouldn’t touch them with a bargepole.

Ken.

I just saw an avert mate . if memory serves me right think Manchester area? I bought my own in the end . I did speak to the company over hiring the MAN tho . didn’t think that was bad ,

We are paying around £1200/month per tractor unit with full R&M

Don’t know trailer costs as I only pay for the euroliners. We pull someone elses fridges and don’t get charged rental so…

Our Renault is on £400 a week + VAT - 160k fully maintained inc VED but excluding tyres and glass.

Our new one, a Scania R450 normal roof 6x2 is £430 a week but we got a deal because we took a short term hire vehicle for a years term.
Its replacement should be about £530 a week and that will be, (assuming the order books ever re-open after brexit) an S520 Highline V8 6x2. All coverage so no hidden surprises except the life left on a tire in the event of a puncture.

I know it’s a bit of a thread revival but I was Googling rental prices or if advertised after hearing how much we pay for ours…. We have 7 MAN units on rent and they are paying 3k/month each!!! Now, considering the spec, they are pretty basic and only have a fridge….surely there are high spec units around for less than this

Actrosman:
I know it’s a bit of a thread revival but I was Googling rental prices or if advertised after hearing how much we pay for ours…. We have 7 MAN units on rent and they are paying 3k/month each!!! Now, considering the spec, they are pretty basic and only have a fridge….surely there are high spec units around for less than this

£3k/month they’re having yer trousers down!!!

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Overheard a conversation where the bill hadn’t been paid for 3 months and they were going to collect them….owed 60 odd grand!

Actrosman:
Overheard a conversation where the bill hadn’t been paid for 3 months and they were going to collect them….owed 60 odd grand!

Not really related to this thread but a few years back our lot rented around 50 Acrtros’s and at the end of the three year agreement we rented MAN’s which upset the original lease Co. They sent a fella round to check the Actros’s and marked up £90k in damages. Problem being they left them in our yard for six months so our lot charged them…… yes, you guessed it £90 odd k for parking!

Lot of changes going in our depot atm and nobody is keeping on top of sourcing new motors…. I might just phone around a few names and see what they offer…. What sort of packages should I mention? 3 or 5 year lease/rental with/without r&m to some degree….add a few driver comforts in and see what happens?

Actrosman:
Lot of changes going in our depot atm and nobody is keeping on top of sourcing new motors…. I might just phone around a few names and see what they offer…. What sort of packages should I mention? 3 or 5 year lease/rental with/without r&m to some degree….add a few driver comforts in and see what happens?

R&M with tyres if poss. Check on the mileage allowed as well. Most are around the 120k mark, anymore and the penalties could be high. Find out what the warranty is on the truck when new and just rent/lease to that. Some companies will charge for items out of warranty if not wear and tear, which, they will make sure that it isn’t!!!

As for comforts, well it depends on what it is going to do. If it is a 1 driver 1 vehicle, and made for tramping, then it depends on how well the driver is valued, so a fridge, air con, and a microwave. Anything else is probably not needed. (TV, coffee machine.)

Ken.

Trucks are out day & night with runs from Reading to Edinburgh, Gateshead & Penrith depots and everything in between down to Lee Mill. Our rentals have a fridge and nothing else….the Mercs have a radio! Our ‘fleet command’ is chaotic atm with everyone who deals with this left or leaving… lease runs out on the Mercs end of June