Tachograph Removal

Neongreen:
Tachographs are being replaced with the simulators, and it’s going well! Now I’ve got a rapidly growing stack of old tachographs, which I may resell. Anyone know someone in the UK who is interested in old tachographs?

Easy to suggest buying a box lot of cards, but that seems neigh on impossible, and our work time restrictions are very different to the UK ones. This would double the administrative workload for the drivers assuming you could get the cards…

Hi Neongreen. I’m in NZ with an imported DAFLF45 and the battery of my tacho has run down causing my DAF to go into “very upset” mode. Still runs fine but lots of warnings and odometer wont work so cant get my COF. I was wondering if I could replace my tacho with one of your old ones. Or any comments about installing the simulator. Is it easy or do they have to be pre-programmed. The problem is finding someone in the know. I’m in Northland but will travel anywhere to get it sorted by someone who knows what they are doing. I have sourced a new tacho battery - but not sure if the unit will work without being reset by a service centre. Would really appreciate your comments.

UPDATE: Found an NZ supplier who will send me a simulator head unit if I give him the K/W/L Factors from the label on the door Pillar. The truck was resprayed before it was exported to NZ and seems they have removed that label. How else can I find my K/W/L values ? Do you have any ideas ?