Transport Manager CPC Courses

Yes, potential candidates may not be aware that the modern TMCPC includes the international component, whether it interests the candidate or not, and it’s been a fairly common cause for complaint in the classroom, but there are no options not to do it.

So do I take it there were four papers when you sat your exams? Was it three MCQs and a fourth Case Study?
“National” was two MCQs plus the case study back around the mid-2000s, with International as a separate option, now it’s down to two papers and is all-inclusive.

TMCPC is a regular part of my work, so I take great interest in reading people’s requests for assistance - usually on FB groups. There are A LOT of people these days who struggle with the MCQ, far, far more since OCR bowed out of delivering the qualification and SAEG took over that system. CILT’s Paper 1 appears to be more challenging than the older OCR R1, the simple MCQ style, probably because CILT’s Paper 1 can require short answers rather than simply ticking a box as OCR did.

CILT don’t offer any past versions of paper 1 or paper 2, OCR never offered any R1 MCQ past papers but were very forthcoming with past R2 Case Study papers. OCR’s detailed Examiner’s Reports (which CILT also do not subscribe to) were very helpful for those teaching the course by shedding light on precisely how they wanted the answers to be. TTBOMK these ERs were not available to candidates, just to the training providers.

Of course it doesn’t help that there’s a significant portion of candidates who, because it is a vocational qualification, just do not take things seriously enough. There are those who (initially) focus on doing the least amount possible, planning just to scrape a bare pass :unamused: rather than knuckling down and giving it their all.

There are even more people who have no idea of how to study effectively, and even more who have no idea of how to revise effectively. The first mock exam under strict exam conditions tends to come as a massive wake up call to many candidates.