Operators License, hire vehicle & trailer, no yard

Hi does anyone know if it possible to get an operators license, without a yard or owning vehicles/trailers?

i have class 1 license, have had a few opportunities, where i could just hire say a 7.5t lorry, do the job and return it.
an insurance policy for this kind of setup doesn’t seem to be a problem, its just the operators license?
anyone got any experience with something similar

cheers
charlie

No, an operating centre is required.

It’s where the Operator would park it when not it’s in use.
Saying its being used nights out all the time is not sufficient. Or are we suggesting it is returned to the hirer at the end of each working week and collected FROM the hirer at the start of the next week - not really believable option.
So yes, an OC is required.

and of course, either you would need to get the TM CPC or get an external TM on contract for you.

If you’re looking to do things small scale, a dedicated truck stop can be an Operating Centre, with documentation held at a registered (home) address.

But I’d suggest you get some proper advice from a willing TM, probably wise to do an OLAT course too (Operator Licence Awareness Training) so you have a better idea of what you’re letting yourself in for, because there’s trickier things than simply finding an OC, like finding a TM, applying for the O-licence, demonstrating the Financial Standing - you’d need “access” to a known source of £8000 for one vehicle on a Standard National O-licence, even if it’s “just” a 7.5 tonner and even when it’s “just” hired.