New truck

Professor:
It’s been a tough call but just letting every body know that I placed an order today for delivery in march,there is pro’s and con’s which ever way you go in the end I went for a XG+ my reason for this it supposed to be better on fuel it’s my last truck and I fancied something a bit special, I know it’s wise not to buy the first of a new range but I figure by having it in march the fitters will have come across one or two of them by then and as it’s on 3 years R & M all breakdowns are covered hopefully there will not be too many of them.
I will miss the manual box but maybe it’s time for me to move forward with the times when the I phone first came out I hated them but now I could not be without it for emails photos etc I hope I feel the same way with the auto but time will tell sometimes you just have to take a chance
I would just like to thank everybody for the views and opinions

Late to this thread.
I believe you have definitely made the right leap of faith in ordering the XG.

I bloody hope so, because I have also placed an order for an XG+[emoji51]

Mine to replace an S650 at the same eye watering price I paid for the V8 Scania 2 years ago.

After running 6 Dafs without any roadside assistance I first ventured away to Volvo x3, and Scania x2, all but 1 of the Swede’s required roadside assistance , 1 FH12 and 1 S650 required recovery. Only one FH12 was absolutely faultless, the rest, always “ something “ minor wrong.

Dafs always got me home, or at least to nearest service dealer.

I have never been afraid to take the risk of the latest model to gain the latest economy and comfort. My first brand new truck was an 1990 95-400.

To mitigate the risk with the XG, they are ( I am led to believe ) live connected to DAF and DAF are also aware of where every XG is sold and maintained.

I truly hope that they have changed the warnings sound though !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk