DAF 440 experience

DCPCFML:

Juddian:
Odd that the gearbox can’t be reprogrammed on Daf, it can be done on other makes, the problem with eco on Daf’s is that it defaults back to eco from manual or normal after a couple of mins at most, if you could stick it manual and it stayed there that would be half the battle.

I wish it was a couple of minutes! More like 10 seconds! They can be programmed because Turners’ XFs stay in manual mode if you press the button on the end of the stalk as does the one I drive for a subbie. The eco-roll on mine combined with the hill hold is great 99% of the time, but annoys me on the stretch of the M1 southbound leading up to J26 as there are sections which have really shallow dips and cause it to drop into eco-roll for a few seconds for no point. I stab the stalk and set it to M to stop it doing it until I’m past the junction.

On a related DAF note, there are 2 settings in the menus about trailer de-coupling where you can set them on/off. I presume it has something to do with the eco-roll (which is a separate setting), but I’ve tried them on and off and haven’t noticed any difference at all. Anyone know what they’re supposed to do? :blush: :blush:

DAF dealers unless they get a specific software from DAF can not programme the gearbox they can update the software if there is new software but they cant change the change parameters …There has been software recalls that have been issued to change the strategy