DAF 440 experience

Juddian:
Don’t just don’t, we had a few and we’re on full weight work, they won’t pull you out of bed and no they arn’t economical because you end up thrashing the living daylights out of it to make it move.
The other issue is cab vibration (CF cabs at least), after driving the thing its such a relief to switch the engine off to cut out the noise and vibration which goes right through you.
Cab switchgear all over the shop, though you’d get used to that.
Arsetronic box defaults to eco mode which is frustrating as hell, but can be programmed out by a competent dealer.

I remember you being interested in MAN’s, nothing suitable? when going past MAN’s main site at Swindon note their parking area which used to be rammed with tractors is now nearly empty, though there could be umpteen reasons for that i did wonder if they’ve been flogging off the previous model to make way for new gen cabs.

Shocking Juddian just shocking …Mx11 is one of the quietest smoothest engines i have seen …If a model 17 then you can put the switches where you prefer them ,and the MY17 comes with Traxton …Daf dealers can’t change the programming of the gearbox .The software can be updated if there is an update ,but the programming is set in stone …We don’t get any complaints about the MX11 …Making sure the eco mode is switched off is a priority unless you prefer the fuel saving .which equals less oomph