JOHN DEE pics

anyone got any more of Dee s

5845_1.jpg

!B3+mr,QBWk~$(KGrHqQOKkYE)M+FQHDcBMoNdmvO4Q~~_12[1].JPG

!B3+e4oQEGk~$(KGrHqN,!icEyeLqZHwkBMoNLJCQEw~~_12[1].JPG

!B3+dEF!CGk~$(KGrHqN,!hEE)8Ol--bgBMoNGt1QvQ~~_121.JPG

John Tinkler had that Strato when I was at Coundon, then when He had a stroke it was sent to Magnet at Darlington.

Always used to see an F7 parked in leicester, can remember watchin him leave on sunday afternoons.
Also there used to be a bloke in the 70s from leicester used to have a M.A.N with John Dee on the side, also had a blue stripe round it.

andrewv8:
John Tinkler had that Strato when I was at Coundon, then when He had a stroke it was sent to Magnet at Darlington.

was tink on the dartford bridge job? im tempted to think that might have been malcolm bunning

john dee used to have driver’s based in leicester, they used to do a night trunk changeover to ferryhill and back, the M.A.N with the blue stripe will have been an ex dee-line international motor which was based down there. i am sure one of the driver’s from leicester was called keith smith and he drove the M.A.N on night’s to ferryhill and back to leicester every night, with the obligatory stop at the “BISTRO” for an hour or so.

:slight_smile: :laughing: .

scaniia141:
john dee used to have driver’s based in leicester, they used to do a night trunk changeover to ferryhill and back, the M.A.N with the blue stripe will have been an ex dee-line international motor which was based down there. i am sure one of the driver’s from leicester was called keith smith and he drove the M.A.N on night’s to ferryhill and back to leicester every night, with the obligatory stop at the “BISTRO” for an hour or so.

Hello there, i used to do the night trunk many moons ago for wilkinson transport out of birtley doing changeovers at trowel services, leicester forest, and newark. I knew a couple of the drivers there,I seem to remember an old guy that had several heart attacks, and then there was BJ who often had another lad with him (the bear). I often wonder what the old nightshift crew are doing now. ps the little bistro stop was every night, a lot of meetings were held there

andrewv8:

My dad used to work out of Coundon, Bob Littley

cranedog:

andrewv8:

a few old names i remember,bill elliss, richie lane and wobbley gob his brother,tony crooks,micky wright,peter bainbridge, micheal bunnion,davey sinclair,davey rooker,john tinkler, summertime ronnie seymour

scaniia141:

Nice 1 scania 141, thats been puzzling me for years, the M.A.N was always parked unit only on his driveway on aylestone road, then it was parked a bit further down aylestone road on the old Pex socks hosiery factory (now a lidls).
The F7 was parked on the eyres monsel estate leicester.

some name’s i remember,
RONNIE SEYMOUR, DEE-LINE
BOB TUCKER, DEE-LINE
DAVY STORES, DEE-LINE
■■■■ CARR, DEE-LINE
MEL HALL, DEE-LINE
FRANK KAVANAGH, DEE-LINE
PETER LEDLEY, DEE-LINE
PETER JOHNSON, DEE-LINE

a lot of other john dee driver’s would do the odd trip to italy or germany but these driver’s listed were the lad’s that as far as i know were driver’s that mainly did european work.

some really old ones

cranedog:
some really old ones

andrew what was the company that johns oldest son set up? i think they had offices in south mimms, im sure barry hargreaves was down there running it

markwill:

andrewv8:

was tink on the dartford bridge job? im tempted to think that might have been malcolm bunning

Tink was on for Taffy when the Dartford job was on, I remember Bunners telling me that he had that wagon on the Dartford job, He was on Tomado when I started at Dee’s.

markwill:

cranedog:

andrewv8:

a few old names i remember,bill elliss, richie lane and wobbley gob his brother,tony crooks,micky wright,peter bainbridge, micheal bunnion,davey sinclair,davey rooker,john tinkler, summertime ronnie seymour

Didnt Davy Sinclair leave Dee’s to start up as an owner driver…think he had a scania?.

Here are some taken at normans, north east drivers second home.

john dee 010.jpg

john dee 007.jpg

john dee 003.jpg

john dee 001.jpg

great photo’s brothertonmick, thank’s for sharing, look’s like ronnie seymour there with the f10.

found some more, i presume the scania 111 and 81 were registered at the same time also thought both shots of the F10 were worth putting on .

john dee 003.jpg

john dee 001.jpg

markwill:

cranedog:
some really old ones

andrew what was the company that johns oldest son set up? i think they had offices in south mimms, im sure barry hargreaves was down there running it

not sure mark , have you got any pics of yours on here anywhere

dee