iveco turbostar

Hi all

Looking through the Flickr Photo site I found this group of pics.

flickr.com/groups/ivecoturbostar

Hope you like them !!

Steve

Some of the Turbostars we’ve had…

THEY ARE SUPER LOOKING IVECOS.
DID THEY EVER RUN A BAD LOOKING LORRY
ALL VERY SMART ARE THEY STILL GOING

No he packed up in 2005 think I worked for him when he only had 3 done 10 year with him Stil comes on here works at maersk now or one of there firms

Thanks Bill lol
Paul Called it a day after 25 years to be honest if i hadnt what with new legislations and vehicles getting harder to work on with your own workshops european competition and deisel prices Lez zones and the like thought were call it a day
Still miss it at times but better to have been there than never have been there at all

mrken:

if i remember correctly that did about 87mph with a full whack on.lol.

steve…ex elstrans

They were all high geared Steve them V8s were the quickest lorry Ive ever had i used to giggle to me self if I went out in one they just flew one of the most under rated engines around.Dont weather it was fear of getting stopped or weather the tread would stay on the tyres or those poxy brakes when you tried to stop lol

If were going to be in a non shouting mood then Ken I think you and Keithy done well in those days but the main credit went to the boys in the workshops and the old man I can only say good for him I have never known him cacth a cold with anything no job was to big and there wernt nothing he couldnt mend Must of broke him when you started geting all the late stuff with the fly by this and electric that I bet he didnt like that bless him.I remember when i had the Transcon and the pump was uprated and the bigger injectors went in I said she whiffs a bit of black John boy up telegraph hill carefull with the emmisions he just looked roll up sticking to his lip and said bit sun and warm weather dont hurt no one Bill globel warming better than freezing yer bollox off And his old saying off treat everyone as a ■■■■ untill proved otherwise always sticks in my mind.
If your putting any more on Ken what about that big Renault frogtrotter thing or some of the old mans Davis or Coward ones please

There a bit before my time but i do have a soft spot for the old Turbostars my dad worked for a italian company and as such that was all he drove for a good 10 years, i think the biggest he had was the 420.

I was speaking to a maltese O/D and he reckons he had a 4 series 580 and the v8 Turbostar at home and that the Turbostar would thrash the scanny everytime. Iv never driven a turbostar so couldnt possibly comment

I travel to italy reguarly and take great pleasure in still seeing them, they are geting thin on the ground now though mainly see them in the south and alot of them are rigid/Aframe setup.
I always liked the Special edition with the sideskirts and what not. If i ever do find myself with enough money to spar il stop at one he old breakers yards over there and make a bid for one.

I got some pics il try post them up when i get a chance

My & the old mans turbo stars…

mrken:

Hello Mr Ken, just noticed in one of your pics a Scania 112, B625 AHJ parked next to the silver Turbostar G420 HAH, was that SCANIA one of your motors?
Just curious as my first wagon when I was 21 was a similar 112 which was B614 AHJ. It would be great to find out who used to run it or maybe even some pics. Cheers, Jimbo.

No Jimbo had our name on but it was one of Chris Tuckers

mrken:

Oh ok, cheers for the info.

markrhyl:
My & the old mans turbo stars…

I think the light blue stripes on the bottom Turbostar picture was the standard colour for the 480,the 1 we had was the same colour

ramone:
I think the light blue stripes on the bottom Turbostar picture was the standard colour for the 480,the 1 we had was the same colour

They were a factory option, they could be bought with either 480 or 360 on them. A mate of mine has a nice new set of 360 ones still in the cardboard tube ready for a restoration project.

Ross.

just came across your pics of turbostars, and enjoyed the history lesson, i drove a 480, 6 wheeler , on the shellfish run, from orkney to madrid every week, and must say how lucky i am still to have a license, it would cruise at 75mph no problem, and lost the tacho needle off the card several times.A fantastic experience to of had, shame about the brakes, caught light nearly every week coming down from thurso to inverness on the berriedales with 30 ton on its back, but never cracked a drum, no matter how much water it took to stop fire burning the air lines, but going up was a thrill to enjoy, it just kept going, especially if you had planned ahead and got your gear selection right at the bottom, deep joy as you overtook scannies, dafs, man"s and volvos. Also have not had a sprung based bunk since, may be small but very comfortable, over slept many a time, late again, no problem to a 480 to make up lost time on the run through the Borduex forrest at night to spanish border. :unamused:

jimbotruck:

mrken:

It was a 360 he had nothing over a 360 at the time.

markrhyl:

jimbotruck:

mrken:

It was a 360 he had nothing over a 360 at the time.

I never said it was a 420, I said the reg no was G420, eyes open :wink:

what a pair :laughing: tipcon harrogate 1988 :sunglasses: .

pete 359:
what a pair :laughing: tipcon harrogate 1988 :sunglasses: .

Nice, near one’s a ‘Tec’ far one’s a ‘Star’:slight_smile:

Ross.