Yuill and Dodds

I think that Tori Hendry drove this when new.

I still see of them on the A19 I think they work down here on landfill work, massive bulkers walking floors I would think, They still move about very fast, a fitter from Volvos told me clutches in those wgons dont last too long.

The last time I was on the M.8 Glasgow It was like the Grand Prix, Sam Andersons, Mullens, Yuill & Dodds, motoring in the fast lane. Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
I still see of them on the A19 I think they work down here on landfill work, massive bulkers walking floors I would think, They still move about very fast, a fitter from Volvos told me clutches in those wgons dont last too long.

They load out of our place in Bradford

back during the miners strike i had only started driving was on a back road near hunterston power stn delivering pool tables and friut machines came round a bend met by a yuill and dodds artic heading straight at me i ended up on my side down an embankment the looney didnt even stop me and the van boy got a fright more than anything .while the 7.5 ton van was being recovered a yuill and dodds driver came over and started kicking up a row about being held up and costing him money . You can only guesse the mouthfull i gave him
thats why i have never had anytime for that bunch of cowboy scabs

Was coming up the Heilly brae from Largs to Kilbirnie during the miners strike with a 30t excavator on and at the last right bend 2 off these clowns came round the blind bend side by side he stopped about 6 inches from me and carried on as if nothing happened and they still have not :unamused: changed!!!

1/50th model

Cracking model !

that erf had a 525 ■■■■■■■ in it

hodgeturbo:
erf taken at truckfest

scania

hodgeturbo:
1/50th model

That’s a fantastic model!
May I ask where can you purchase these?
Thanks in advance
Matt

komatsu 450:
that erf had a 525 ■■■■■■■ in it

hodgeturbo:
erf taken at truckfest

I had a Volvo with a 525 ■■■■■■■■■■■ could it pull,my gross weight is 63,500 and it was nothing to it!!.

An od from near me bought an ex Y&D motor, an 8w Scania. He fitted a new muckaway body on it and allhe could carry was 18t. He said the high sided body on it before carried about 17!
That was it’s legal payload I suppose but I’ll bet those high sides were filled right up!

I was working with a Scottish guy a few years back when one of yuills went by us and i remember him saying he knew of the company well and said they was the biggest bunch of cowboys going

I have an accident camera,and I tried to download a maneover one of these ■■■■■■■■■ did on the M62 a few weeks ago but something went wrong,pity as I would have taken it to the police.
What happened was,I was in the middle lane in the roadworks near where the M621 joins westbound this prick in his big merc was behind me so when I could I moved over to let IT pass,what happened next was unbelievable ,as It was passing me,he actually moved into the outside lane 6’6" width limit,and away he went3 wagons abreast,these are the arse holes we need off the road,strange how company’s like this seem to thrive on employing these brain dead morons!! More likely that’s the only gorillas(I won’t call them drivers) this scab company can get.

i dont forget these lot in miners strike

What did they do in the miners’ strike then? Can’t imagine it was no worse than other hauliers?

Muckaway:
What did they do in the miners’ strike then? Can’t imagine it was no worse than other hauliers?

Rowly comes from the Welsh valleys Nathan.The miners were well and truly shafted by a lot of people in that strike.
This is one reason Nathan,and I’m not taking sides.

During the miners’ strike, 70 per cent of the weekly coal delivery to power stations was by road. More than 10,000 vehicles were used.

Since the strike, the figure has stayed at about 30 per cent.

Before the miners’ strike only 18 per cent of coal deliveries reached power stations by road.

Dave the Renegade:

Muckaway:

Rowly comes from the Welsh valleys Nathan.The miners were well and truly shafted by a lot of people in that strike.
This is one reason Nathan,and I’m not taking sides.

During the miners’ strike, 70 per cent of the weekly coal delivery to power stations was by road. More than 10,000 vehicles were used.

Since the strike, the figure has stayed at about 30 per cent.

Before the miners’ strike only 18 per cent of coal deliveries reached power stations by road.

I thought that, Dave; Dad ran coal during the winter (must’ve been '82/83 as Dad had his X reg Constructor) and my sister was a baby. It did our family a favour as there wasn’t much work about so short time was on the cards.