W.H.WILLIAMS (spennymoor)

LR Man:

Carl Williams:

harry_gill:

Carl Williams:
Me driving our 1937 Bedford 2 Tonner through Stanhope Ford about 1980. Sadly its now closed to traffic

Hiya,
Carl what a cracking front cover picture this would be for the company
calendar back in the day Eh’.

Hi Harry,

I’m afraid to admit, it was sent to us about a week after it was taken & put in a drawer.
It’s only now in retirement when I looked closely at it, and I think it is a fantastic photo illustrating the water splashing about.

More appropriate because now Stanhope Ford is closed to traffic, so I suppose its a bit of history. Many months of the year the river Tees was too high to cross the Ford, and now because of the number of boy racers who tried to cross at speed and their cars got stuck & in some cases washed down stream, its been considered as dangerous.

Anyway changing the subject I hope you are keeping well & looking forward to enjoying a merry Christmas

Hi Carl,

Its the River Wear at Stanhope!

Hope you are well and wish you a very Merry Christmas from me and the family.

Regards, Mark

Carl

How are you keeping, Mark. A very good Christmas to you and your family.

I got that one wrong there. The Wear, but you live close to there, where as I have a little bit of excuse, but the Tees & the Wear are not far apart, but I should have known from High force The Tees is so much deeper, would never be able to drive through it.

Once again

Best wishes

Carl