ERF A, B & C series

Austin caulfield from irlam 1986 ,taken over by bowie international from sale then by A-one , i started my working life their

gunnerheskey:

fryske:

Let’s hear it for the beer! by fryske, on Flickr

I’ve seen that in leicester a couple of years ago, without its drag, think it went to hoyes soft drinks

I spotted this the other week on the m62

cortinapaul:

gunnerheskey:

fryske:

I’ve seen that in leicester a couple of years ago, without its drag, think it went to hoyes soft drinks

Previous to the ERF they had a Guy big j wagon and drag with a 220 ■■■■■■■■ The pub next door to their brewery does a cracking pint of Holdens golden !

cortinapaul:

Austin caulfield from irlam 1986 ,taken over by bowie international from sale then by A-one , i started my working life their

Austin Caulfield started in the next village to were i lived its name was Croft and it was just outside Warrington then he moved to Irlam . If i,m right he started with a F86 which my dad took to N.Ireland but i can only just remember much about it

scan0492.jpg

scan0422.jpg

scan0052.jpg

scan0050.jpg

scan0019.jpg

scan0064.jpg

Our LV 64CU once it was finished.

marcus 22:

ex consett b series WNL773T also had WNL771-2-3-4 same batch as fergusons WNL 775T

scan0074.jpg

Second hand cab fitted and painted after the driver had set fire to the old one in Lichfield cooking sausages in the mid 90’s

Trev_H:

cortinapaul:

gunnerheskey:

fryske:

Previous to the ERF they had a Guy big j wagon and drag with a 220 ■■■■■■■■ The pub next door to their brewery does a cracking pint of Holdens golden !

Trev - they still have two Big J rigids — last I heard was that the ERF was causing hassles so they were talking about putting one of the Big J’s back into service…

ERF’S on the Great Orme at Llandudno

Seeing as LVs have appeared in this thread as well , I know someone who owns a 6 wheeled LV flat , SWO 674G , it appears on various photo sites & he would like to find out any more info on it .

He is also in the process of doing up a 6 wheel B series , PUM 687P ,& being a fan of Gardner power , this one is again powered by one of theirs

Can get some photos of it & will see if he wants them posted , but any info on either would be appreciated .

Here’s one from Norfolk!

H946RCL Gary & Rachel's ERF.jpg

M60 Flyer:
A couple ERF B Series taken at Hull Fair October 2010.

I remember the Harris B-series when it was brand new from Cossington Commercials to Moores transport of Ashby. It was originally a 4-wheel tractor unit. He also brought the sister lorry FRY389V at the same time but, later sold it to some irish tinkers for spares. Would love to see any pics of them in there original colours.

M & H Smith ERF.jpg

Stanfield:

Strewth, that’s a very late B-series… I seem to remember the first of the C-series around '82 on an X reg? Does anyone know the story behind this one?

Cracking photo though. Thanks Stanfield :smiley:

My all-time favourite lorry :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Piston broke:

Stanfield:

Strewth, that’s a very late B-series… I seem to remember the first of the C-series around '82 on an X reg? Does anyone know the story behind this one?

Cracking photo though. Thanks Stanfield :smiley:

My all-time favourite lorry :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I agree it is a very late one!
If you look earlier in this thread there is a picture I posted of a B & C series next to each other with consecutive numbers.

Any info on this one would be very welcomed

Matt

Frank Burton (were they from around Wolverhampton somewhere?) were also running late registered B-Series tractors.

I remember seeing them in & out of Bootle for a good few years (89-96). There were a couple of B-prefix B-Series 4x2 tractors in their livery - both with 8LXBs and both used to bark like ‘Patricroft foxes’ toiling up Balliol Rd loaded with copper plates on tri-axle flats. I assumed at the time that they were working at 38 tonnes, so perhaps there had been some ‘fettling’ done to the 240s; especially as the 265 bhp 8LXC and 300 bhp 8LXCT were introduced after the B-Series ended production. The Burton motors were eventually replaced with E-Series - and so was the signwritten livery with stickers…