Fans of Fodens

Muckaway:

kr79:

Muckaway:

Fitted with ■■■■■■■ Celect 10litre 340bhp. This truck has a really irritating immobilizer fitted. Turn ignition off for 10 seconds, the system arms and you have to re-input the code. Tax is really low, I think it said about £280 for a year this engine must’ve been ahead of it’s time given it’s a 2000 reg, it’s also really quiet compared to the CAT C10.

Do you know if that is a stretched 6 wheeler tractor as i was sure the last 4000 series tippers were on s reg

Definitly a true 6 wheeler, Smiths had a pair of these plus a tractor unit. The sister 6 wheeler W845 ULN has been sold to someone in the Worcester area along with their sole ERF EC11, and the W reg tractor is beind dismantled for parts for W844 and their oldest tipper V772 GBY. I’ve seen T reg rigids around though Smiths never bought T’s went from S reg to V.

Here’s W845ULN – in the rain!

Where’d you see her, Steve? I heard it went out Hereford way but no sightings until now. Can you put it on Smith and Sons thread please?
All we need now is a sighting of W844…

Muckaway:
Where’d you see her, Steve? I heard it went out Hereford way but no sightings until now. Can you put it on Smith and Sons thread please?
All we need now is a sighting of W844…

It is now with Prosser IIRC – I’ve put in on the other thread -
The snap was taken near Kidderminster

R-JACKO:
Hello all
HERE ARE A FEW FROM MY SCRAPBOOK

Regards R-Jacko

I beleave the Greenwoods tractor unit may have once been owned by Jay-Pee Transport of Warrington , a company taken over by Greenwoods .

Here’s a few i’ve had :-

scan0005.jpg

I think this Foden of H.Thompson of Chester le Street ticks all the boxes. (Taken at Beamish last weekend)
Regards Kevmac47.

On the telly the other day in an antique shop a grandfather clock on the front
of the clock face was, Foden-Congleton.
Is it anything to do with the truck company ? made by them.

8LXBV8BRIAN:

Found this on the web Brian.An 8-day mahogany longcase clock, with moon phase in the arch, by Thomas Foden of Congleton in Cheshire. Could be related as its not far from Sandbach.
Cheers Dave.

Fitted with a L10 ■■■■■■■ and 13 speed Eaton :slight_smile:

Dave the Renegade:

8LXBV8BRIAN:

Found this on the web Brian.An 8-day mahogany longcase clock, with moon phase in the arch, by Thomas Foden of Congleton in Cheshire. Could be related as its not far from Sandbach.
Cheers Dave.

Dave,

Foden is quite a common Cheshire name,I know of 3 Foden’s,all seperate Cheshire families!..or so they say!!!

David :slight_smile:

A49 Hereford.

This is the only Foden I have driven for a few years. I was working as holiday relief driver for E&N Ritchie. (Now that i’m retired) :unamused: :unamused: Regards Kevmac47.

This old girl was at the back of the hall at the CV Show last week, along with a few others from Scammell, ERF, Leyland & a Thames Trader.

Regards
Dave Penn;

P4260039.JPG

davepenn54:
This old girl was at the back of the hall at the CV Show last week, along with a few others from Scammell, ERF, Leyland & a Thames Trader.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Hiya i think i’ve seen that foden (obf) in bassetts colours
John
hiya just been for a look… it was a bassetts lorry at one time
John

Well ‘3300John’ she certainly looked smart in McGovern’ colours but I bet it would look the business in Bassett’s livery with a well sheeted and roped 40ft Crane Fruehauf tandem spread axle behind her. Given the chance I would get up at 3am tomorrow to give that motor a run South just like back in the day :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
Well ‘3300John’ she certainly looked smart in McGovern’ colours but I bet it would look the business in Bassett’s livery with a well sheeted and roped 40ft Crane Fruehauf tandem spread axle behind her. Given the chance I would get up at 3am tomorrow to give that motor a run South just like back in the day :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Hiya dave…now i’am thinking hard, that foden was rebuilt by the apprentices at marley…maybe…i know marley had some s39’s,
then they got one off bassetts to restore that might be the one, i have a photo of it somewhere in marley’s livery.(looking new)
bassetts had one of my old cast offs(HRE685K)it was rebuilt at tittensor and look spot on.
John

3300John:

davepenn54:

Hiya dave…now i’am thinking hard, that foden was rebuilt by the apprentices at marley…maybe…i know marley had some s39’s,
then they got one off bassetts to restore that might be the one, i have a photo of it somewhere in marley’s livery.(looking new)
bassetts had one of my old cast offs(HRE685K)it was rebuilt at tittensor and look spot on.
John

I often went into Bassets yard for fuel in the70s, that was a proper haulage company!! neat as a new pin. Regards Kevmac47

I may have posted this shot of Peter Thompsons tanker before but it’s always worth another look. Just don’t get stuck behind it anytime. I think it only does about 33mph!!