Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Ray Brown:

Geordies boy:

Ray Brown:

Geordies boy:
Geordie Horne
Hi all just a quick message to let all of you who knew my dad that he sadly passed away suddenly on 18th, to say the whole family are devastated is an understatement.
We are just having a small family cremation as its what he wanted and I’m sure you can all understand we have to respect his wishes

Hi, sorry to hear of your dad passing away, did he drive for Duncan Adams? If so I remember him well. Regards Ray.

Yes Ray he drove for Duncan Adams until they went bust, he was 82 when he finally hung up his keys

Hi Geordies Boy! Your dad worked ar Crows in 1964 when I was there as a lad, what a good bloke! I remember his brother Harry worked there too, I still see him occasionally at Low Fell. Harry and Kit finished there long distance driving for Simpson Brothers Birtley. Kit used to work for Waugh for years and Ash Transport (Alfie Horne). Harry and his dad also used to work for McFees. It was nice that all the family were involved or worked in North East transport.

Thanks for the photos Ray.
Yeah my dad also worked for Mcfees, he tried to discourage me and my brother from getting our hgv licenses but it was bread into us lol
Yea