Brown Group International of Otley

My dad used drive for them back in the 80s.

They had a place on Team Valley at Gateshead for a while I seem to remember.

Hi, they did have a depot on team valley. They also had one outside OXFORD, one in LEICESTER, think it was starr lane. Also PARKER CRUSHERS LEICESTER, Also HYMAC just off j 11 m6.Birmingham. I used to bring FIA excavators back from ESTA northern Italy for them to Parkers and Hymac so they could be rebadged. I was with them in the eighties and nineties. I found them to be a very good employer (speaking for myself), given my papers and running money and left to get on with it. Sounds a bit dry reading it back, but have to say I really did enjoy working there. thebeardedone

From Yorkshire

Gordon Brown has sadly passed away

Anyone remember ogdens of otley ? What happened to them

Can anyone remember Brown Group International of Otley they had red Volvos and Ivecos and had a huge plant hire business, I believe that they also owned an airline.

a mate/acquaintance of mine drove for them in the 80s, had daf 2800s and 3300s later - they were the UK importer for moxy dumptrucks from norway amongst many other things, changed their name to imaco but eventually disappeared totally i think

jj72:
a mate/acquaintance of mine drove for them in the 80s, had daf 2800s and 3300s later - they were the UK importer for moxy dumptrucks from norway amongst many other things, changed their name to imaco but eventually disappeared totally i think

They owned Moxy at one stage.

the yard was still full of plant last time i passed i think it is still a plant hire business but did remember haulage side selling out

peterq5422:
the yard was still full of plant last time i passed i think it is still a plant hire business but did remember haulage side selling out

What is the name of business and it’s address.

dont know the name of the firm but its on the main road between pool and harrogate about 2 miles from otley

It actually now called

Riffa Business Park
Harrogate Road
Leathley
Otley, West Yorkshire, LS21 2RZ

There are number of firms working from there and a mate worked for one called Stirpark.

There are a number of plant repairs in the yard.

The Biker:
It actually now called

Riffa Business Park
Harrogate Road
Leathley
Otley, West Yorkshire, LS21 2RZ
I think BROWNS are now called WESTERN . They used to own Hymac excavators, Parker crushers at leicester ,and Moxy dumptrucks They also had their own airline based at Tockwith near Weatherby .Hope this helps. Regards foden 46.

got it now - they changed name to weston plant, and i’m almost certain went bust, as i remember a mate of mine was owed money still when they were on the way down, luckily for him he mentioned it to an acquaintance in the pub down in kent, who happened to owe weston a lot of money - a deal was struck :laughing:

Is this the lot your on about ?
Brian