Scrapbook Memories (Part 1)

Found these on the 'net (put onto Oxon Thread aswell)

About time I put some “true” old ones on here :smiley:

Muckaway:
Found these on the 'net (put onto Oxon Thread aswell)

I would say that is a Scammell super constructor 6x6 most likely of late 50s vintage as the later ones were mostly left hookers
cheers Johnnie

Lawrence Dunbar:

Would that be “young” Larry in the shot■■?

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Would that be “young” Larry in the shot■■?

No Im not that old ,but im getting on that way

About time I put some “true” old ones on here :smiley:
[/quote]
That Ford on the left is the same as the one I used to take to Covent Garden. V8 petrol engine & cable brakes -real dog!! & no NS mirror.

Hi my driver Terry’s uncle Maurice Moody brought in this pic yesterday of a Leyland he drove for Reema of North Baddesley near Southampton.

Hello again,good pics from Nathan,Lawrence and Pat,well done lads,heres more from me.

Platts Crusader at an auction in the early 80s,last time I saw it was several years ago in a scrapyard.

Dave Princes DAF spacecab heads homeward bound on the M4.

Bow in Devon is home to this ERF of Edworthys seen southbound on the M5.

Down to Penryn in Cornwall now,a nice line up of tippers from Sid Knowles…a much missed fleet.

A really rare lorry here,not many Transcons ended up being stretched to rigids and drags…here you are Harry heres one you’d enjoy driving :smiley:

Seen at Stourpaine,this Esteppe cabbed 142 basks in the sunshine.

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

This is one of my mates with his dad having lu’ance leaning agin a stowp

Holts for Haulage.jpg

bubbleman:
Hello again,good pics from Nathan,Lawrence and Pat,well done lads,heres more from me.

A really rare lorry here,not many Transcons ended up being stretched to rigids and drags…here you are Harry heres one you’d enjoy driving :smiley:

hiya,
Marc you are spoiling me now nicely loaded and on pallets too the hardest job there is wrapping the sheets up and getting in and out of the cab.
thanks harry long retired.

A really rare lorry here,not many Transcons ended up being stretched to rigids and drags…here you are Harry heres one you’d enjoy driving

They’re OK going forward - but its easier with high sides to reverse. Love the blonde shotgun rider who has eaten all the chips.

Nice photos Bubbs.You are right about there not being many rigid Transcontis.Glass Glover had 6 for drawbar work on the Littlewoods contract,only kept them two years.This was mine,DWB 225V.The one in your photo is BWB 514T and was fleet number 153,based at our Ross on Wye depot when we first got it,then finished up at Maltby. I’ve driven it several times,nice to see it again. :smiley:

harry:
A really rare lorry here,not many Transcons ended up being stretched to rigids and drags…here you are Harry heres one you’d enjoy driving

They’re OK going forward - but its easier with high sides to reverse. Love the blonde shotgun rider who has eaten all the chips.

…that was the early anti-roll device

Chris Webb:
Nice photos Bubbs.You are right about there not being many rigid Transcontis.Glass Glover had 6 for drawbar work on the Littlewoods contract,only kept them two years.This was mine,DWB 225V.The one in your photo is BWB 514T and was fleet number 153,based at our Ross on Wye depot when we first got it,then finished up at Maltby. I’ve driven it several times,nice to see it again. :smiley:

hiya,
Nice motor Chris sturdy looking trailer too, what would the carrying capacity be??, must be twenty tons eh’.
thanks harry long retired.

What a Beast! :smiling_imp:

Hello lads,heres some more then.

Bond Truckings Crusader seen parked up in Cirencester lorry park.

Fancy painted Transcon with a Ding Dong box on its back heads west on the M4.

Kingers Marathon seen with a Blaw Knox on the back…my mate drove this motor and said it was a flyer.

Another Transcon,this one a subbie for Western Freights.

Decent load on this little FL10,Evans Volvo is northbound on the M5.

Finally D.M.Davies ERF E14 heads homeward to Carmarthen on the M4.

adr:
What a Beast! :smiling_imp:

Err, :confused: