British road Services

ERF-NGC-European:

peggydeckboy:
Hi ALL RE THE GLADSTONE PHOTO,
unbelievable, 2 on the lorry and the tea leaf all have their dockers hooks ,2 in the pockets and one using it ,if their was any handball on any lorry the dockers would not get on the back and unload[not our job driver] however what you see is a miracle also the driver on the left has not got standard BRS overalls ,also he has his had on the bung ,also along the rave there are letters not BRS. my view .
also it is 60]%a clan line boat [white samson posts]and derricks].dbp

I think you’ll find GWH 312 was indeed a BRS lorry, DBP. It was a Leyland Octopus and it was immortalised by Mike Jeffries in this picture of it on the road.

Also not true PDB that Liverpool dockers never got on the wagon and handballed when it suited them. I have reported before of the load of whisky I brought from Dumbarton bond in 1966, which they handballed completely while I was away ‘searching for change to pay for labour’. All I did was remove the ropes and sheets and roll them up and secure them afterwards. They swarmed all over the wagon as soon as I exposed the load and I stayed away long enough to make sure I didn’t touch even one case. :smiley:

That was my revenge for a previous experience where I had to unload totally alone a high and wide load of cartoned Raleigh bikes, quite apart from the fact that it was late in the day and I had had enough, but they insisted, the boat was finishing and they were on a bonus to get it away.