Henry long transport

Anyone got any more pictures of this long gone firm?

Hi I always wanted to work at Henry Longs but by the time I got my class one it was too late. story of my life. this model is nearest I ever got. :slight_smile:

Barry Waddy , I am from Bagillt, North Wales , i rember all the firms coming & going from the Coutalds factoys at Greenfield ,& Flint. many firms but Longs 8 & 6 wheelers & drags fully loaded roped & sheated ,a fine site to see .<< A E C.s >>yours Barry Waddy

b.waddy:
Barry Waddy , I am from Bagillt, North Wales , i rember all the firms coming & going from the Coutalds factoys at Greenfield ,& Flint. many firms but Longs 8 & 6 wheelers & drags fully loaded roped & sheated ,a fine site to see .<< A E C.s >>yours Barry Waddy

1 of those drivers would have been my dad Barry he had a mkv 8 wheeler and drag and was a regular at Greenfield and Flint.There`s a photo of another mkv in Longs yard that looks like it had just come back from Courtalds on PD Truck Photos CD ,post war AEC Lorries .

Barry Waddy ,HI Ramone ask dad if he remeber Tommy Whay ,used to shunt in Coutalds ,for B R S . QUEENS FERRY ,we used to do a bit out of there ,also Canton Garage ,then Nuttalds took them over ,a bit of useless info for you .cheers Barry Wad .

b.waddy:
Barry Waddy ,HI Ramone ask dad if he remeber Tommy Whay ,used to shunt in Coutalds ,for B R S . QUEENS FERRY ,we used to do a bit out of there ,also Canton Garage ,then Nuttalds took them over ,a bit of useless info for you .cheers Barry Wad .

I have just spoken to him and he said he would definitely know Tommy as they were in there virtualy every day either my dad or 1 of the other drivers ,hes 80 now and his memory isnt what it was but hes sure he knows him

I remember Henry Longs in th50/60s at Liverpool Docks, they were loading bales of whatever ? The drivers were a good set of lads they would help you wrap your sheets up, & A lot of wore cloggs, but may I add they were first class at there job, & nowt seemed to bother them, not like the goons of today, who are unhappy if the radio in their motor dosent work, a radio for christs sake in my younger day I was more concerened about the bloody brakes. & I suppose thats why Im still here to talk about it, Happy Days Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
I remember Henry Longs in th50/60s at Liverpool Docks, they were loading bales of whatever ? The drivers were a good set of lads they would help you wrap your sheets up, & A lot of wore cloggs, but may I add they were first class at there job, & nowt seemed to bother them, not like the goons of today, who are unhappy if the radio in their motor dosent work, a radio for christs sake in my younger day I was more concerened about the bloody brakes. & I suppose thats why Im still here to talk about it, Happy Days Larry.

I dont think my dad wore clogs LD he was too tight to pay for anything that wasn`t bock standard its a yorkshire thing … tight as … :smiley:

Barry Waddy . HI Ramone your will know him he used to put his trailor in the end bay go over the road up the bank into the Ship inn he see from the window, how it was getting loaded .Then as the last bales were being put on he would wizz back to sheet & rope it then he would take the last one back to the depot ,more useless info ,Yours Barry Waddy

gbti9:
Hi I always wanted to work at Henry Longs but by the time I got my class one it was too late. story of my life. this model is nearest I ever got. :slight_smile:

Mick Quirke drove the AEC that model was based on he sent a photograph of it before it was refurbished to 1 of the vintage magazines it was loaded with bales at Liverpool docks

There’s a photo on page 328 of the Scrapbook memories thread of John Upton’s E200 in a-one colours :smiley:

jj72:
There’s a photo on page 328 of the Scrapbook memories thread of John Upton’s E200 in a-one colours :smiley:

Im trying to find a picture of my dads old mkv mm8 but i forgot the registration ,i will have to ask him ,i think it was the only 1 still painted totally red ,it had a canopy on for a while too ,he wasnt happy when they took it off ,the roof leaked :slight_smile:

A couple of Longs motors here the Mandators at the LDOY competion i think at coventry ,i bet no one remembers the Leyland Raf and an old Longs trip

longs ldoy.jpg

Anyone got any pics to add to this thread ?

ramone:

jj72:

Im trying to find a picture of my dads old mkv mm8 but i forgot the registration ,i will have to ask him ,i think it was the only 1 still painted totally red ,it had a canopy on for a while too ,he wasnt happy when they took it off ,the roof leaked :slight_smile:

The registration is UKY 883, anyone got a photo of it?

Just been sent this from Gloves who posts on this site,taken at the side of Longs yard

Has anybody painted an old truck in Henry longs colours,a friend of mine says he saw one in bradford not long ago ?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393264871.669005.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393264884.301419.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393264918.487478.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393264932.159182.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393264944.373000.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393264984.994812.jpg

Great pics where were they taken and who owns it .Did Longs run any ergo Albions, there was a Peter Davies photo on ebay last year of a LAD cabbed Comet.I wonder if any of the fleet survived , there`s an old 20 ft box van trailer of theirs in a yard at East Bowling