PETER ROFF

Apologies for bringing up an old thread, but did Roff ever run a 6 wheel 2 series?

Just come across this on Flickr…

Untitled by barkingbil, on Flickr

truckerash:
not sure who it was, but someone asked about N&Q on another thread a while ago and mentioned a connection with Peter Roff.
Nellen and Quack was a freight forwarder based in germany.
Peter Roff never had any of his own motors painted up in the green livery, but a guy called Colin ■■? (:oops: just cant remember his surname) from Luton ran the F7 and then one of Peter’s ex 142’s which he had fitted with a tag axle.
I think Peter did some work for N&Q.

BOBW if you are reading this, can you help out?

this scania ended up with ian bennett from bradford about 1995 hauling scrap never new it was peter roffs old motor we always wounderd why it had all these extras and air susp the old tin worm got hold of the cab th stacks were put on a 143 and the old 142 i think got exported about 97

truckerash:
Peter Roff never had any of his own motors painted up in the green livery, but a guy called Colin from Luton ran the F7 and then one of Peter’s ex 142’s which he had fitted with a tag axle.

Was this 142 ever a tag axle in Peter Roff livery then or was it converted to tag once in green livery?

used to have a lot of pics of his trucks because we shared his yard, I will try and dig them out and post them.

back in 1992 his pvt car if I remember was still a BMW 850i with 20" alloys, it was kept as clean as his trucks, used to come into the yard, drop a trailer, pick one up and on the way out if he was wandering around, “Moring Peter” rye smile only, was his answer. :unamused:

Benni:

truckerash:
Peter Roff never had any of his own motors painted up in the green livery, but a guy called Colin from Luton ran the F7 and then one of Peter’s ex 142’s which he had fitted with a tag axle.

Was this 142 ever a tag axle in Peter Roff livery then or was it converted to tag once in green livery?

benni this 142 was driven by terry mcmurry before being sold to colin field who done a home converstion tag axle on it.
peter never had any 6x2 motors at all.

Interesting article with the man himself in April, 2013 (latest) edition of Truck & Driver mag’. I don’t know Mr Roff personally, & like a lot of well known hauliers there are various stories about him, but as far as wagons go, his were the Donkeys Danglers!

IMG_0001.jpg

Just read that T&D article.

I like many remember the trucks from the mags before I drove and even a couple of them during their 2nd life but still wearing the “ROF” number pates. I have also heard and read many a “tall” tale about working for the man.

Reading the article he comes across as a man who had a vision and worked hard to achieve it taking a few gambles along he way and sticking to his guns. He specced his kit exactly the way he wanted it and expected it to be looked after. He admits his regime wasn’t the easiest to put up with but to be fair to him drivers were told what was expected when they signed up.

He sounds like the kind of man I would have enjoyed working for.

Cheers
Neilf

Sorry to bring it back up :laughing:

Any more pics of Peter Roff trucks I’ll be intreseted in seeing some more :smiley:

Does this count? :sunglasses:

Benni:
Does this count? :sunglasses:

Looks quite nice what scale ?

1:50 WSI kit. Has twin stacks now, just like back in the day.

Quite like it mate

thats well smart benni

just what the fleet would look like if peter was still going :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Bring up a old topic again :laughing: anymore pics

Believe this was a Roff truck before joining our fleet it was DJO 666 Y which is significant as the sign of the devil and he seemed to have several triple six digit number plates on his trucks, cheers Buzzer.

img252.jpg

Buzzer:
Believe this was a Roff truck before joining our fleet it was DJO 666 Y which is significant as the sign of the devil and he seemed to have several triple six digit number plates on his trucks, cheers Buzzer.

What stunning motor Buzzer! Hats of!

Reg Danne from Sweden

image.jpg

Bumped into H7 ROF this morning at WJ Blythe’s yard .

Shes not on her side anymore

Pirate:
Bumped into H7 ROF this morning at WJ Blythe’s yard .