Ucc from brentwood

cav551:

boyzee:

vernonbish777:
where they Union Cartage Company ? part of the Vesty Group ?

My uncle Johnnie Sulliven worked for ucc years ago in the 50,s an60s he used to drive a foden tractor with a drawbar trailer later he had a scammel.When they finnished he went on to Fyffes monroe.I remember one of ucc,s scania,s running into a house in Bridge on the old A2 i dont know if the driver was killed or someone in the house.The people of Bridge had demo,s for months after they would keep walking on the zebra crossing holding traffic upThis was around 1971.Hope this is of interest.

Unless there were two very similr accidents the one I’m pretty certain it was in Summer 1967 - I was still at School at the time and it was all over the local paper at the time (then the Kentish Gazette). There are rather grainy pictures of the smash on t’internet. The protests were to get a bypass built, which eventually happened.

i was on the night shunting shift with him,nick name dogs ■■■■, taking a trailer from Warly to dover down the hill at bridge foot hard down must have passed out before he went through the shop a baby was found in its cot on top of the trailer when they pulled it out unharmed,cant remember his actual name as most had nick names,before he left Warly he was complaining to me about chest pains ,i said i would take it but he said he needed the overtime.