DODGY LOADS

Buzzer

301059667_10160865491162565_2297186259281126864_n.jpg

I took this pic myself in northern Pakistan:

Like you say Buzzer i would not fancy standing by the load of straw. That Cargo with the wood is a classic ! :laughing:

This would have been challenging on corners,roundabout’s and road junctions.

steel robins 64.PNG

Buzzer

The dodgy timber looks to be European? The load of hay could be over 5ton!

pv83:

Classic ! :laughing:

pv83:

I call photoshoped.

Star down under.:

pv83:

I call photoshoped.

I doubt it. If you’ve ever driven in Eastern Europe (old style) or North Africa, this shouldn’t surprise anyone. :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

Star down under.:

pv83:

I call photoshoped.

I doubt it. If you’ve ever driven in Eastern Europe (old style) or North Africa, this shouldn’t surprise anyone. :wink:

I can believe that of North Africa, after what I’ve witnessed in Egypt, but that pic has definitely had the reg plate photoshopped out (very slapdash job too), but how much editing has been done overall is hard to say

ERF-NGC-European:

Star down under.:

pv83:

I call photoshoped.

I’m basing my view on the background looking quite first world and the convenient lack of a rego plate.

Star down under.:

ERF-NGC-European:

Star down under.:

pv83:

I call photoshoped.

I’m basing my view on the background looking quite first world and the convenient lack of a rego plate.

The white label on the load is in an Asian script. Could be in Thailand or any country that doesn’t check number plates much.

ERF-NGC-European:
The white label on the load is in an Asian script. Could be in Thailand or any country that doesn’t check number plates much.

Fair call, I’m not claiming any great knowledge of any foreign country particularly those “wot don’t speak English”. :wink:

I guess I.m bragging a bit here although when I took the photo I knew the load would weigh heavy but I surprised my self when the trailers went over the bridge in Perth.
I guess it qualifies as a “Dodgy” :astonished: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Dig

Not bragging at all Dig, merely a statement of fact. I always subscribed to the theory that fast trucks had accidents, not heavy ones. I thought dodgey loads were un, or poorly secured loads. :sunglasses:

Every year there are cars and vans heading south with lots of groupage on the roof. Owen Money sent me this link to one stopped this year.
20minutes.fr/faits_divers/3 … chargement
It appears the kitchen sink was included.

Franglais:
Every year there are cars and vans heading south with lots of groupage on the roof. Owen Money sent me this link to one stopped this year.
20minutes.fr/faits_divers/3 … chargement
It appears the kitchen sink was included.

That clears it up! I knew that pic of the car reminded me of summat familiar. Yes, the Moroccans living in Holland and France migrate south on holiday to North Africa every August en masse. The Dutch ones usually had bicycles heaped on the roof. Back in the '90s they were a nightmare. The caravans used to snake and turn over. The French eventually clipped their wings by mounting height bars on the car lanes at the peages, so that the occupants had to unload their roofs onto the verge. Chaos!

ERF-NGC-European:

Star down under.:

pv83:

I call photoshoped.

As RO says you need to be at the boat that goes to Morocco and see what’s loaded onto cars and vans for that crossing, unbelievable there literally dragging on the ground its amazing how they make it up the loading ramp

youtu.be/A6vKR8EoztY

The security or otherwise of the RAAF AEC at 4:47 leaves a lot to be desired.