Crwod funding transport books

Hi all, i just wanted to do this to gauge opinion.

I have put it in this forum as i believe these sort of things would appeal to the kind of person looking in here moreover other areas of Trucknet.

With the demise of Old Pond/5M I am now pretty much without a publisher. I currently have 2 book projects on the go, but due to the destruction of the market by a certain global behemoth, finding a publisher is very difficult. I have approached a couple, but cannot find one willing to take a punt at the moment, and now there really isn’t anyone who does books in such a niche market, so it looks like the option is to self publish. However, this is not a cheap thing to do!
This got me thinking. Nowadays, a lot of start ups use Crowdfunding to help generate a starting fund. Personally i have never had any experience of them.
If i was to start a crowd funder type thing, i believe it would be like putting down a deposit on the end product. So let’s say for arguments sake the end product will cost 30 quid, putting 15 down you are half way there, i believe this is how it works.
I would dearly like to get these out into the public as i think there is enough interest in the stories and photographs, and if it can be done, i have already had someone else approach me about starting another project, which would give me more confidence in taking another one on.
This isn’t a get rich quick scheme either! Writing for the magazines is far quicker, easier, and to be honest far better paying! This is a labour of love, and too big for a magazine article.
The projects are: Kepstowe Freight (trucking to Russia etc) and also one on the ferry Zenobia

I would love to hear your feedback either way

Cheers

euromat:
. So let’s say for arguments sake the end product will cost 30 quid, putting 15 down you are half way there, i believe this is how it works.

No, that’s not how they work. If the end product is £30 everyone pays to the crowd funding site £30. You have an end date to reach your target, say £30,000 in 3 months. At the end of the time limit, if you have reached the target the crowd funder pays you all the money and you have another time limit to deliver all the goods. If you haven’t reached your target, everyone gets their money back.
My daughter did it last year she set her limit about £15k which she reached in 24 hrs and had over £30k once the month was up. It was then a bit of a nightmare to actually produce what she was selling, but she did it! (But then she does have 50k followers on Instagram so that helped with publicity)