Thank you for accepting me on this site

My name is John Thorne, a 79 year old retired driver from Weston super Mare.
I found this site while browsing Google for information regarding Bradley Transport of Accrington.
Back in the late 60,s I drove an International Harvester carrying mainly cardboard from the Weston Depot of Hygrade.
I was 25 years of age at the time, starting lorry driving at the age of 18 before driving artics at 25.
I would like to make contact with anyone that was a driver With Bristol Trucking
That was the name given to the Bradley group at Weston super Mare. The manager at the time was Don Lofthouse.
It was all roping and sheeting, driving on a wing and a prayer, hoping that it was all loaded properly with no callapsing pallets causing the load to tilt and sometimes looking very precarious.
It was not unusual for many a load lost on transit, some resulting with lorries tipping over.
I have seen earlier posts regarding Bristol Trucking, but can’t get in to reply.
I worked with a great bunch of driving work mates, sadly I know, no longer with us.
Hopefully, not just Weston drivers but other depots.
I drove into the Church depot at Accrington, Burnley and Immingham, plus other depots that I can’t quite remember.

Happy new year to everyone.

Beach Boy.

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

Welcome John ( Beach Boy)

Certain you will love it here , and happy new year.

E.W. :smiley:

Welcome BeachBoy
We never had a choice mate as you just appeared & had there been a vote ?. :wink:

Dodgy Permit:
Welcome BeachBoy
We never had a choice mate as you just appeared & had there been a vote ?. :wink:

Doubtless we would have given him the benefit of any doubt! Initially… Welcome BeachBoy.

“Beach Boy” - the admin let me on, so you’ll be fine. Dig into the archives.

Afternoon BeachBoy,

Welcome to a great truck site and a happy New Year.

David

Hi Beach Boy welcome. look forward to hearing about your days on the road cheers Ray

EW car truck & bus:

hi my name is stephen davis i drove for bradleys for ages

Heres a couple for you, not my pics. Credit to original photographer.