TRUCK magazine july 1990

Might be the wrong forum for this but here goes, has anyone got a copy of Truck mag July 1990?

I would have had that one but got shot of all my Truck, Truck and Driver, Heritage Comms and Classic Comm mags last year at the local tip, they were just taking up too much space and not getting looked at. I had the full 1980’s Truck mags in folders, handy now and again for Model reference but not worth hanging onto them. Was there anything specific you wanted to know from that copy. Franky.

Truck July 90.

Excellent thanks Dean

If its not too much trouble there is a side on photo of Bloors Topliner in the road test, any chance of a scan of that pic please?

Frankydobo:
I would have had that one but got shot of all my Truck, Truck and Driver, Heritage Comms and Classic Comm mags last year at the local tip, they were just taking up too much space and not getting looked at. I had the full 1980’s Truck mags in folders, handy now and again for Model reference but not worth hanging onto them. Was there anything specific you wanted to know from that copy. Franky.

Just one picture from the Topliner roadtest is what im looking for…

The only other pic of a side view is this one which is very small. Have enlarged it.

Anyone want to guess how much heavier the Scania is than the Volvo ?

truck 902.PNG

truck 903.PNG

Cheers Dean

I appreciate your help thankyou

Just with my anorak on for a mo isn’t that 143 x SAY Tpt, orange brick n block carriers, engine never got cold, just that no plate rings a bell. 3.8m on steel which was a bit odd.

PS just love Pat Kennets road tests on Truck Mag, RIP legend.

short walk:
Just with my anorak on for a mo isn’t that 143 x SAY Tpt, orange brick n block carriers, engine never got cold, just that no plate rings a bell. 3.8m on steel which was a bit odd.

Dave Bloor subbed a lot from SAY had maybe half a dozen motors at one point then it think they merged into one so yes this one was repainted in SAY livery. Most of SAY wagons where on steel all the trailers where air ride

Judging by how much heavier present Scanias are to some of the competition, i’m going to hazard a guess at 550kgs.