Me, My Mack, Tehran (And Back!)

Well my new book is on the verge of being published. 88000 words and 144 photographs. Just waiting for the proof copy to check the print quality.

Punctuation error in title?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’re right. I’ll have to take the hyphen out. Thanks Anorak!

You’re very welcome! :smiley:

I’d also be tempted to put an “and” between the first two words- at the moment, it’s in 6/8, which in my daft opinion, is the wrong time signature for a title. :laughing:

[zb]
anorak:

I’d also be tempted to put an “and” between the first two words- at the moment, it’s in 6/8, which in my daft opinion, is the wrong time signature for a title. :laughing:

Wouldn’t adding the word ‘and’ retain the 6/8 feel?

Perhaps it ought to be in 2/4 and run in Tango rhythm.

CF’ll know.

Jazzandy:
Well my new book is on the verge of being published. 88000 words and 144 photographs. Just waiting for the proof copy to check the print quality.

Hi Andy,
Can you keep me updated on how to buy this book? Once launched Please.
Kind regards Andrew.

Certainly will do. Once I’ve approved the proof copy, it should be three days before the book is available for sale or for me to order.

Hello Andy

OHS brochure. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

CF’ll know.

But jazz is free expression, man. :laughing:

Tehran and back! That’s a long way looking up a dog’s fundamental. :wink:
It sounds like a good read, will it be available electronically?

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

CF’ll know.

I’m not the best person to ask. I would attempt to do some reading around the subject, but I’m happy to improvise. :smiley:

Andy is probably shaking his head in despair by now, at these responses. :laughing:

[zb]
anorak:
Andy is probably shaking his head in despair by now, at these responses. :laughing:

“CF’ll know”… correction, he’ll have an opinion :laughing:

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

CF’ll know.

I’ve thought about this, hence the delay. Yes- I think putting the ‘and’ in would actually reinforce that rhythm, but it would also allow the vocals to fit well into 4/4, which is best for the title- in my opinion as audience, not band!

I think poor old CF is coming to terms with the fact that good deductions are made out of multiple small, hard arguments, joined by complex relationships, rather than single proposals blown out of proportion. I hope he recovers by Christmas.

Publisher- How was the book received by the vintage lorry enthusiasts?
Andy- The idiots tried to write a drum score around the title. It’s like being in the university-dropout ward of the nuthouse.

:smiley:

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

CF’ll know.

I’ve thought about this, hence the delay. Yes- I think putting the ‘and’ in would actually reinforce that rhythm, but it would also allow the vocals to fit well into 4/4, which is best for the title- in my opinion as audience, not band!

I think poor old CF is coming to terms with the fact that good deductions are made out of multiple small, hard arguments, joined by complex relationships, rather than single proposals blown out of proportion. I hope he recovers by Christmas.

Publisher- How was the book received by the vintage lorry enthusiasts?
Andy- The idiots tried to write a drum score around the title. It’s like being in the university-dropout ward of the nuthouse.

:smiley:

Ah! There’s your title then:

“Wonderful Over in Budapest”, starring Jack Nicholson. Or Nick Jackal’s son to be accurate.

This Christmas Jazzandy can put on the ballet version of the book, based on the Nutcracker, with Nick Jackal’s son performing the Dance of the Sugar Plum Furlough.

Now then, ‘Nurse!’

OMG!

DEANB:
Hello Andy

Deathless prose by me. Graphics by Tony Jackson!

Book proof arrived yesterday. took me all day and evening to correct the errors. Now waiting for updated proof book!

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

CF’ll know.

Me and a Mack to Tehran and back. :wink:

Carryfast:

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

CF’ll know.

Me and a Mack to Tehran and back. :wink:

Very good, CF, but that’s still in 6/8 time.

Perhaps a novel title would be ‘Teh-ran and Back Mack; Teh-ran and Back Mack…’ which would put it in 5/4 time. That’d keep the publisher on its toes!

Rowena

Andy, first of all my compliments for creating a wonderful story which is not easy in terms of verifying, research,
choice of pictures (resolution and cuttings) as well as the right tone to keep writing in.

Well, I have been told and experienced…never judge a book by the cover, regardless colour, title, photograph!

I am looking forward to obtain some copies and keep up the good work with checking your first sample-edition!

A-J