Any old promotor drivers around

There was a shortwheel base Ford D series - no sleeper - that was Peter Calderwoods first vehicle for car transporting (one car) and kept solely because of that… It was used as a car collecting runabout in the UK (when I used it). There was also a long wheelbase Ford D series for carrying cars (two cars) and I drove it on various occasions. I did at least one trip to Spain (I think more than one) - one a most enjoyable trip I remember well - in the long wheel base Ford. Also to the Motor Museum to collect or deliver Donald Campbell’s Bluebird.

Come to think about it there may have been two long wheelbase Fords one replacing the other because one was (at the time) quite new (plastic grill Ford). My memory may be a bit imperfect and maybe there was just the one long wheelbase.

There was also the bloody Ford D pantechnicon (no sleeper) which I hated with a vengeance.

I think Roger Oakley may have made a trip to somewhere exotic with the little Ford. Turkey or Iran? But I just can’t remember now, alas.