Old Italians FIAT OM UNIC Lancia

Some splendid Italian metal to savour.

youtube.com/watch?v=AID2c4m-czU

youtube.com/watch?v=3zTZpjfaLCA

cav551:
Some splendid Italian metal to savour

youtube.com/watch?v=AID2c4m-czU

youtube.com/watch?v=3zTZpjfaLCA

If you have a look on his utube site this bloke has put over 100 good vids on from years back,not bad quality as well :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Just found this:

Here is a montage of the restoration:
unic-center.ch/aktuell.html?pid=1346

I did not know they did a 370. The text says it is a 16 litre, whereas the 340 was a 15 litre. Does anyone know anything about these vehicles?

[zb]
anorak:
Just found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCA-kSJeQtk
Here is a montage of the restoration:
unic-center.ch/aktuell.html?pid=1346

I did not know they did a 370. The text says it is a 16 litre, whereas the 340 was a 15 litre. Does anyone know anything about these vehicles?

Hey Anorak, That was a test engine for Unic ( Fiat ) for the Italien 352hp market due for 10hp tonne.
But the engine was never used and sold, due to Fiat’s own engine V8 17 litre.
At the development was Unic/OM a bit more independent, but in '75 Iveco was formed,and only Deutz engines
were still used along the Fiat engines from about '77 on, some were on a UNIC base further developed for Iveco.
Think it was abandoned because of not having a base for futher use with turbo■■?
On the German site you can found more about

Bye Eric,

Hey, Here some pic’s of it.

Bye Eric,

Hey, And you have still forgotten Alfa Romeo :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Only a hand full were sold in Belgium, but more buses and coaches were sold here.
Because of DESOT bus and coach builder sold them.
Here one together with two OM super orione 200hp,Saurer licence.

Bye Eric,

Alfa Romeo has a rich history when it comes to cars as we all know, but also vans, trucks, busses, engines for industry and marine.

Van Steenkiste (Lange Violettenstraat in Gent) was distributor since 1956 and some of the Romeo’s were sold to De Swaef (known
for car-transport) from the Afrikalaan (near Ketels) in Gent. Regrettably with Perkins Diesel with a lot of troubles. Herewith the
Romeo in van-version…the series Romeo started in 1954 till 1963 when F12 and A12 belonged to the range.

For the Italian-enthousiast!

@Eric…I remember DESOT of Gits as Lancia-dealer for heavy vehicles…? Now in the Turbo Hoet-groep

Picture of heavy series…by the way…the Carello-items are for sale…

Not to disturb the moderator but UNIC is NOT Italian…and I agree with Tiptop495, more marques to highlight,
think of Isotta Fraschini, Alfa Romeo, Bianchi, Breda and several more…

ERF-Continental:
Not to disturb the moderator but UNIC is NOT Italian…and I agree with Tiptop495, more marques to highlight,
think of Isotta Fraschini, Alfa Romeo, Bianchi, Breda and several more…

The Italians are famous for rust-buckets and poor build-quality; but I have never driven an Italian car or lorry that was not entirely satisfying to drive! Mechanically, the Italians got lots of stuff right. Robert :slight_smile:

tiptop495:
Hey Anorak, That was a test engine for Unic ( Fiat ) for the Italien 352hp market due for 10hp tonne.
At the development was Unic/OM a bit more independent, but in '75 Iveco was formed,and only Deutz engines
were still used along the Fiat engines from about '77 on, some were on a UNIC base further developed for Iveco.
Think it was abandoned because of not having a base for futher use with turbo■■?
Bye Eric,

The lorry in the video has a “370” badge on it. This suggests that some were sold, or was it just a one-off, for a show or something? If the engine was actually 16 litres, how did they make it from the exiting 14.9 litre Unic V8? Did they bore it out, or was there room for a longer stroke within the crankcase? Either way, what an interesting vehicle, and what a surperb restoration. I want a go in it!

tiptop495:
Only a hand full were sold in Belgium, but more buses and coaches were sold here.

Bye Eric,

Those are beautiful

irish lorries:

tiptop495:

Bye Eric,

Those are beautiful

^+1

Fiat 693T1 6x4.

[zb]
anorak:

tiptop495:
Bye Eric,

The lorry in the video has a “370” badge on it. This suggests that some were sold, or was it just a one-off, for a show or something? If the engine was actually 16 litres, how did they make it from the exiting 14.9 litre Unic V8? Did they bore it out, or was there room for a longer stroke within the crankcase? Either way, what an interesting vehicle, and what a surperb restoration. I want a go in it!

Hey Anorak, that engine called V86S had a bore 138 and stroke 130 and was about 15.6 litres, as was the V85S
130 X 135 is 14.9 litres. The Swiss man used an Izoard T270T2 as lorry and put in the Test engine in it.
I’m not sure but think the engine was never used on the road for testing but only at the factory,as where he it found.

Bye Eric,

Hey, Isotta F

Bye Eric,

Hey two Lancias a Belgian and a Romanian.

Bye Eric,

Hey, one of the first OM 190 models with Fiat/Unic cab, it was an Original UNIC Izoard 340 and UNIC altered tilting cab
for 100%. Only an other grille and type in gross weights.
Only some change were made on the braking system to meet the different country legislation.

Bye Eric,