ERF 'European' (1975)

ERF-Continental:
As a demonstrator…it should be a low chassisnumber and I have a feeling that Dussaillant also had drawbars in their fleet,ergo the 4 Volvo F88’s
show 2 tractors and 2 drawbars…I don’t know Roland but there is a relative Michel who could release more.

Note the 62.000 figure directs me to a drawbar…

Yes, I suppose it could be an early demonstrator which might account for the low chassis number. The first production models, displayed in Brussels in Jan '73 were numbered 22993 (the early Steenbergen one) and 24684 (Thibaut of Stree). The last one off the production line was 31927 (Falcon Freight, Jeddah). This new one is 12176 - not sure why that is followed by 38. Dean mentions that the registration number ended in ‘38’ so it may simply denote the Departement.

The only possible explanation I can think of for the chassis number to be so low, is that it was a pre-production model. This is quite possible, as we have no idea just how many pre-production models were built.

You may be right about the higher weight figure denoting a drawbar. We still have two mystery French NGC drawbar outfits in white, spotted by Alberto Pesanti. But don’t hold your breath! That upper weight figure is almost certainly the design weight, which is always much higher than the plated weight. :wink: