Diesel, LNG, electric or hydrogen powered trucks?

pv83:

lancpudn:

ERF-Continental:
On goods transports…you’re aiming on…we are to early to judge as governments and several (inter-)national facilities have
quite a backlog and they don’t know the outcome themselves…I myself would hould my own breath (investments) till Euro 10?

Euro 7 is expected to be the last iteration when it’s implemented in 2025, The new Euro 7 emission standards for new heavy duty trucks which will come into effect in July 2027 is expected to be announced next month as to how strict they will be for trucks/buses etc. Daimler trucks has announced an end to development of combustion engines for trucks & zero emission trucks will account for 60% of total sales in 2030, Scania have announced 50% of their truck sales will be battery electric in 2030, MAN aims for 60% of urban & regional trucks & 40% of long haul trucks by 2030, Renault aims to be 35% battery electric by then. dieselnet.com/news/2022/11eu.php
transportenvironment.org/ch … standards/

Those are quite the claims they’re making! Not entirely sure if they’re actually going to deliver on that one, as it’s only seven years from now.

I’m with ERF Continental, it’s more likely that we’ll see a Euro 8 and 9 version of the diesel engine by then.

The Euro 7 emission standard will see all light & heavy duty road freight vehicles included in the emission standard for the first time ever when implemented in July 2025.
The financial penalties for missing emission limits are enormous for truck manufacturers, It’s currently set at in the Commission proposal. (New updated emission standards announcement is due in February as I mentioned in my other post) The excess emission premium for the period 2025 to 2029 is set at €4,250/g CO2/tkm), instead of €6,800 in the Commission proposal. From 2030, the excess emission premium is set at €6 800/g CO2/tkm. :open_mouth:
By 2025 truck emissions have to be cleaner by 15% from today & 30% cleaner by 2030.
europarl.europa.eu/RegData/ … S_BRI(2018628268_EN.pdf

Truck manufacturers are well behind where they need to be for the Euro 7 emission standard & most still don’t meet the Euro 6 emission standard. transportenvironment.org/di … -the-road/