BRS wrecker

Call anybody tell me which depot this was based at?

Can you confirm the reg number ? Not sure if i have anything but will have a look through my BRS / Scammell stuff.

According to an article i have from 1979 BRS then had 100 recovery vehicles spread around 67 of its 160 branches.

Not sure how many Contractors they operated but heres a clipping of another one from 1980.

brs bbc 80.PNG

DEANB:
Can you confirm the reg number ? Not sure if i have anything but will have a look through my BRS / Scammell stuff.

According to an article i have from 1979 BRS then had 100 recovery vehicles spread around 67 of its 160 branches.

Not sure how many Contractors they operated but heres a clipping of another one from 1980.

That looks like a “DW” trade plate and the reg DW was Newport in old money.

DEANB:

Sorry Dean but the only letters/digits i can make out are LH 427 ?
Thanks for trying

DEANB:

If it helps any it will almost certainly be an ex Pickfords wagon.

Ok should be simple.
Fleet number is RTS 1.
S denotes BRS Rescue.
If I could get to my old code book, I could tell you which depot RTis, but it is Western BRS.
REGARDS

The reg no below the bumper is VLH 427G, this same Contractor appears in Nick Baldwins History of BRS, in the above photo’s though the V end of the Reg plate has been bent so the V can’t be seen and the G is almost hidden but it is definitely a G as VLH were 1968 G Registrations for London area. This was an ex Pickfords Scammell. The livery has changed slightly in the book photo to above and only has a freephone number of 4151 on the door. Franky.

Suedehead:
0Call anybody tell me which depot this was based at?

Newport .