Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

ERF-NGC-European:

trucker.blackpool:

Les Sylphides:

Franglais:
Some conventional tilts, not EuroLiners, had the flat plastic laces on the mid-point of the side as well as the corners, didnt they? So, *it appears to me,* here the front left side of the tilt has been rolled up flat very neatly under the roof. I would [u]guess[/u] it was for moving a load sticking out the side, and wouldnt have been sealed at all?
If it was for just for loading/tipping through the side, the panel would have just been dragged up over the top by a rope, wouldnt it?

Whatever is going on, it is a neat job.

Very neat, which is why I thought it was too good to be true! And yes, I thought the same as you. Some tilts in the '60s and early '70s had split access points for groupage work, which could still be sealed. They must have spent ages tucking all that canopy in!

It probably looks neat as the Scania and trailer is a 1/24th model kit produced by Heller, which has been very well built and weathered.

Many tilts of the 70s and 80s had a central vertical split, usually halfway along, as mentioned with a tape running though the eyes and the tilt cord passing through at the bottom, enabling just access to half the load. Usual procedure for lifting the tilt sides was throwing a rope over and pulling it onto the roof or if only half the tilt was undone, using a tilt plank you could push it onto the roof.

T.B

:laughing: :laughing: Thank you for putting me out of my misery! And top marks to the modeller for fooling me :sunglasses:

I noted the “truckmodelbau” on the picture, but figured it was an original photo that was to be copied from.
My “very neat” comment needs redoubling.