Trucks, tracks, tall tales and true from all over the world

Leaving the PERTH suburbs’ we were soon into a different country side, very green looking and hilly, you would catch a glimpse of the odd house ,they looked out of place in the middle of what they call the ["bush "the only other bush i new was kate bush ,and one other??]
we were making our way to BULLBROOK Dave’s area , before we turned off the main road we pulled in a massive area ,it was the area where all the triple road trains drop there trailers and deliver only one trailer it was a marshalling yard, with hard surface ,apparently all citys and towns have such a place for transport it all was well ordered parking just like a truck stop it is where they make there triple trailers up for the long hauls ,distances far beyond our comprehension

.The ministry men in AUSTRIALER are called [MERMAIDS]

[I have no idea how a Australian driver that is employed are paid ,by the trip, or hour, or monthly , do they get a pension ,sick pay i realise that every one is not on long haul and most just pull one trailer and do the same as us do here these are questions i forgot to ask when i was out there.]

When we turned off the main road it did not take long before the tarmac started to look as if it been done as a after thought and the road got narrow and we were heading up in to the bush ,we turned off again and it was a dirt track road we stopped at a double bar gate i jumped out opened them dave shouted make sure you shut them we dont want the dogs to get out, bloody hell dogs, im ok with some but any big ones they get my respect i would have to wait to see what they were.

ARRIVING at Dave’s property from the road into the lane [middle photo] i could not believe the size of the place, you could have ran a large haulage company from the premises it had massive water tanks to fight any bush fires ,a typical Aussie home stead build by his self awife/son and daughter, over a number of years a credit to anyone.

i was welcomed by the dogs ,lots of sniffing but i was ok ,one looked a bit le a dingo, a cold drink was at hand, and it was good to get out of the heat ,b one of my thoughts were i hope we do not brake down in the middle of nowhere in this heat, but then i put that aside ,Dave is a mechanic he knows every nut and bolt of the OKA also all the supply’s, food and water i just relaxed and took it all in.